Skip to main content

One of my high school players died yesterday from wounds he sustained in iraq, pfc Ryan Clark played for me at antelope valley high school, he played every position and hustled to the point that he became a starter, i just saw him at a Jet hawks game 2 months ago, he was on leave, i told him to be careful, his humvee hit a mine. i will miss him, the hustle and disipline he showed was second to none...scott
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

tazor ...

I have met several military at JetHawks games over the course of the past 2 seasons. These fine young men and women have given the ultimate sacrifice for a cause they believe in ... after all, many enlisted after we went into Afghanistan and Iraq.

But I don't want this to be politicized as I am sure that is not the reason you posted here. His parents are to be uplifted in our prayers that they can find some peace through our Lord at this very sad time. Thank you for sharing.

And if you are ever at a game when Shappi is pitching, come look me up. Most of the boosters know who I am and can point me out to you.

Thanks again for sharing, tragic as the story is. A special reminder how precious our children are. Hug yours today.
Texan...You don't need to lecture me about anything. I was part of history as a refugee in Germany from 1944-1949.

The premise of our troops going to Iraq was based on faulty intelligence gathered by the Administration, whether Clinton before or Bush later. There were no weapons of mass destruction that Saddam was intending to use on anyone. Whether wiretappinggate; portgate; abramhoff (sp) gate; intelligence gathering on civiliansgate; and, in the past week, Gitmogate and the President's loss in the Supreme Court. He never learns.

I voted for him because I thought Kerry was a jerk. I was wrong to do so.

There is a reason why only 35% or so Americans approve of the President's performance in office.

I want justice for the 2500+ Americans who have lost their lives. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with WWII or Korea (I lost a relative in Korea) or Vietnam.

Our military budget this year is $592 BILLION.
For what? DC is now worth over $100 million. He has heart problems. How much more does the VP have to make for himself and his cronies?

Poor Americans, poor Hispanic Americans and poor blacks make up the bulk of today's army. The reservists, thinking that they were going to be weekend warriers never DREAMED that they would be going to Iraq to see so many of their friends get blown up by car bombs. I don't want another AMERICAN soldier in harms way.

I thought the "hippies" were all screwed up in the '60's. Guess what? They were right about Viet Nam. We lost.

Any President's problem is an educated populace.

Bring the troops home.
I am so very sorry to hear about Ryan. My heart goes out to those who loved and cared about him.

I was telling my son just the other day that he was lucky. When I was his age, the boys weren't thinking about the MLB draft after high school; they were worried about getting drafted for the Vietnam War.

I pray for the safety of all our military still overseas.
My prayers go out to Ryans family and friends. You know most everyone lives has been affected by the premature death of someone they know since 9/11. So many Americans have lost their lives and it does seem unfair at times. Our forefathers fought for our freedom as we still are today, as well as for other countries. Ryan Clark has given the ultimate sacrafice for his country as have so many young men throughout the history of our great nation. The fallen heros we mourn have given their lives for each of us to continue living our lives in a free country, we have the privilege to see our sons and daughters participate in sports without fear of a terriost attack inside a stadium. Our sons and daughters can still meet up with friends in the neighborhood to play and hangout together. I can't recall ever being concerned about a road side bomb on the way to my sons baseball game. I owe this to so many people who have fought for my freedom throughout history including my father. No, our country is not perfit but I can't imagine living anywhere else. We all don't agree on issues and thank goodness we have the right to disagree. I am proud to say each night in my prayers I thank God George W. Bush is my President and the leader of this great nation during such diffuclt times.
quote:
Portions of a recently declassified report listed the WMD's that HAVE BEEN FOUND - so far - in Iraq.They are still trying to track down others that were hidden or shipped out of the country. Saddam's generals thought they had WMD ready to go. So you fault the intelligence services?

I haven't dishonored anyone. I believe the troops should come home immediately...if not before.

Re your posting: BIGGEST NONSENSE THAT I'VE READ IN A LONG TIME. You probably believed our Defense Department that the Republican Guards were to be "feared"!

Me and a couple of thugs from Chicago could've beat that "army" and I'm an "older" person.

Tell everyone you know to stop tracking anything in Iraq. WMD...Weren't there and they are not going to find anything.
Mr Clark is in my thoughts, as are all the guys and gals over there. We have many friends from Korea whom have now been deployed to Iraq. It's scary. I thank them all, every day.

Also, it is absurd that someone's very emotional post about the passing of a dear acquaintance becomes an ideological battleground. Let's show more respect to the poster, and to Mr Clark, than that. Not everything should dissolve into argument. Some things should be above that. And this is one.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Ryan Clark and his family.

These events certainly put our lives in perspective, don't they. I recently sent an email out to all of the kids who play summer ball with me, it was a slide show of the Blue Angels. At the end was a prayer for our troops. I don't normally send non-baseball or non-educational stuff to these kids and their families, but felt compelled to send this one item. At the end, I included a note to the kids to remember these men and women and the sacrifices they make for all of us, and that allow us to do things like play baseball.

The members of our Armed Forces are truly our finest, best and brightest. Regardless of anyone's political views, we all owe them a huge debt of gratitude.

Tazor, a final thought... Yes, its a sad day, but for you it should also be a very proud day. You're fortunate to have known this young man, and I'm sure you're quite proud of Ryan Clark and all he stood for.
Last edited by 06catcherdad
BeenthereIL

quote:
eh...

What did the kid die for?

Politicians.

Thank god there are young men and women that are willing to take the fight to the ENEMY.

Politician's are Representing US the American Public.

We don't alway's have to agree.

But we do alway's have to support are Soldier's that are in Harm's Way.
God Bless Everyone of Them.
Tazor -
My youngest brother (by a lot) recently served in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Every day I thought about him, the role he was being asked to play, and the danger he was in. My heart goes out to you for losing a player that has meant so much to you and to all that have to think and deal on a daily basis with this experience which is so far removed from our daily lives. Peace and prayers go to him and his family, and to you and your family.
Last edited by URKillingMeBlue
UKMB - And my sincere 'thanks' and prayers go out to your brother too! Please pass that along.

I have a good friend who has his 4th child at West Point...2 daughters have already served multiple times in Iraq. I have no idea how he deals with this. I don't know that I could and I really admire you and others with family members there.

And I THANK all of them and you.

And for Ryan...my prayers go out to him, his family and his extended family.
I'm tired of people highjacking my brothers in arms deaths to make political stands. Here it is in a nut shell. God bless Ryan he was a volunteer and as such knew what was at stake. I am a veteran of this and other wars (a reservist for this one)and didn't have to read the fine print. It was evident when going thru basic and we started playing with guns what future we were training for which makes this young man a humble God amongst mortals. No one has to agree with his volunteerism just admire his willingness to stand up and be accountable. He and my cousin Sgt. Javier Garcia KIA 5 April 04 and those of us that served have paid for our opinions in cold hard cash while those that like to insight others with their opinions pay with the credit extended to them by the Ryan Clarks. God bless him and extend to his family the humble determination of one of his brothers that regardless, we will continue his work and belief that some good will come of all this. As for you angry types, show some commitment as Ryan did and march on Washington or something.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.