Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Upside is, of course, you would have improved verified numbers posted on probably the most respected and visible neutral platform.  That could theoretically come into play in the event there is a coaching change or some other unexpected circumstance where the current school will no longer honor their commitment.  Staying relevant is, I suppose, some level of an insurance policy.  Downside can be cost of attending or the commit school not being happy about it.

I would just make sure there is good communication between player and commit school and that the event makes sense from a cost and logistics standpoint.  Also make sure the player is fully ramped up and conditioned to participate so that he can perform well and avoid injury.  I don't know that I would suggest it if the sole reason is improved numbers but I get it.  Hopefully, there are other advantages you and he would be looking at.  Will he be playing in any other tourneys/events in the coming months where he will be seen on a bigger platform and his numbers will likely be recorded anyway?

Last edited by cabbagedad

IMO the downside is spending unnecessary money. Coaches offer kids expecting them to continue to put in the work. If he's improved, that's exactly what they were betting on when they offered.

Upside is if there is draft possibility and there is one pro-worthy tool.... If that's the case, focus on the national invite only events.

Last edited by PTWood

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.