Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by LHPDAD:
It is with great pleasure to announce that Andrew Smith Pitcher and 2nd base from Rowlett High School has signed with Southwestern Oklahoma State University. Andrew is a great kid who has worked extremely hard and had a great senior year. He is always a pleasure to be around. Congrats Andrew that a boy.

Ringer1 I know you are a proud Eagle Dad.

Thanks!!!

All that know me, know that this was a very stressful process on me and my family. Probably more on me and my wife than anyone because we are planners. And you can't plan on anything when you are trying to get a place to play in college. So this is a huge weight off our shoulders.

I wanted to take the time to publicly thank some people who helped us out.

LHPDAD - Helped me from the very start. Called EVERY week from last August to see if we had been contacted or to give us advice on what to do next. I cannot tell you how much we appreciate his help. He is a true friend.

Coach Carmon (Rowlett) - Andrew would have never had an opportunity to pitch in college without him. While goofing around on the mound after practice one day last season, Coach Carmon saw Andrew throwing and told him to start throwing bullpen's with the pitchers from then on. He told Andrew he had an opportunity to pitch this year and what he needed to do. Andrew worked hard on his craft, after not pitching since his freshman year, and Coach Carmon gave him his opportunity. Needless to say, he had a great year.

Coach also promoted Andrew to every college he talked to. This was huge since he has the connections and we don't. I have heard stories of coaches saying it is not their responsibility to promote their players. Coach Carmon is not that type of coach. He gets his players names out, returns phone call, and fills out countless prospect info forms. All while teaching, coaching, and doing all the duties he puts on himself that are not expected of him.

Danny Florence (Frozen Ropes, Mckinney) - Best pitching coach around.

EdSir and Fastball Mom - We went through the last nine years with our son's on the same team. We also went through the whole recruiting process together. They are great people who always put their team and their friends ahead of their own needs.

Last, but most importantly, the entire Rowlett Eagle Baseball Team. Most pitchers are only as good as the team around them. Without their solid defense and run support it would have been harder for Andrew to have the results he did. Thank you!

I will always be a proud Eagle Dad!!!!
Last edited by Ringer1
quote:
Originally posted by tychco:
Just wanted to let you guys know that Scotty Pacheco, RHP pitcher from Justin Northwest HS, accepted an offer to continue his baseball career at Clarendon College Tuesday.

Congrats Scotty and sky!

Thanks to everyone with their well wishes!!!

We are very excited and I am just so happy to get this all settled so I can FINALLY plan things.
I am also so grateful that he will get to continue
his baseball playing days.

Thanks to everyone on this board that has helped me so much over all these years and I am sure many more years to come.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.