Skip to main content

Son's high school baseball program had nineteen losing seasons seasons in the previous twenty-two. The last conference title was in the 90's. Three seasons ago the team won six games. Last year they had a winning record. This year they won the conference. They're now one win from states. It's the furthest any team in school history has gone in the tournament. There's just one obstacle in getting to states. The team most baseball people believe will win states is straight ahead. This is where faithful lean on there's a reason why they play the game.
Last edited by RJM
The team didn't get to states. But best season ever in a high school that never had a decent baseball program is a start. Seven of nine will return from the batting order. Five of six pitchers return. My son's class could become the first graduating class in over twenty-five years to play on three teams with winning records.
Last edited by RJM
RJM you have alot to look forward to next year; our team has 9 seniors who have played together on varsity for 3 years, and last year we had to play into the District tourney and got knocked out in the next game, and look at us now (1 or 2 seed from our district in states)! It's too bad your team didn't make it, though; we will play the 5 seed from your district if we win tonight. I saw that your 5 seed won it all last year!
quote:
Originally posted by rocketmom:
RJM you have alot to look forward to next year; our team has 9 seniors who have played together on varsity for 3 years, and last year we had to play into the District tourney and got knocked out in the next game, and look at us now (1 or 2 seed from our district in states)! It's too bad your team didn't make it, though; we will play the 5 seed from your district if we win tonight. I saw that your 5 seed won it all last year!
Last years #5, North Penn got upset in districts. They were one of the favorites to win states. In playoffs an average team with one stud pitcher may not be able to win districts, but they can ruin another team's run.
My son and I just finished his first year in H.S. with a third place in State (6A) losing to the eventual state champions Flannagan H.S. We were lucky that 3 of our games were shown on tv. He was the starting firstbase and batted 7th in a lineup that send 5 of them to the All Metro team. Four are seniors, so we have alot of rebuilding for next year but I tell my son he might go his other 3 years in H.S. without going that far in states again. It's going to be hard to top this season, but I hope we do.
quote:
Originally posted by Gamer77:
My son and I just finished his first year in H.S. with a third place in State (6A) losing to the eventual state champions Flannagan H.S. We were lucky that 3 of our games were shown on tv.

Are you your son's team's coach? If not, relax, sit back and enjoy watching him play high school ball.
Last edited by Jimmy03

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.