Skip to main content

I thought I'd start the 8-5A thread over since the other one took a turn for the worse recently.

McKinney Boyd: 6
Plano: 4

WP: Doug Ashby (5 IP, 1R, 4H, 7K)

HR: Tyler Neporadny

Plano battled back hard in the 6th to close the gap to 6-4 but the Broncos were able to hold on for a hard fought victory.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Was anyone else there to weigh in on the # of PW errors?
Dallas Morning News boxscore reported 4 PW errors...In my opinion most media outlets seem to be a little hitter/fielder friendly in terms of scoring hit/error. I don't know if that's because of whoever reports the box score to them, or if I just have a pitcher's bias. Probably a little of both. Smile
Last edited by DrewJohnson
quote:
Originally posted by UpperDeck:
Bronco:

Last nite was the first time I visited the Boyd campus. All I can say is WOW. What a great campus and absolute top notch baseball facility. For those who have never been there, you are missing one of the best in DFW region.

Thanks for hosting!

UD, glad you were able to make it. I drive by it everyday on the way to work and and still look at the campus and think what a great place to be a student. It's been a lot of fun getting to watch baseball at Bronco Field the past four years and Coach Milam and the guys do a great job maintaining it.
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Crude:
quote:
Originally posted by westtxbaseball:
Just a baseball fan in the district with a question. Been to two Plano West games in a row (the 1st accompanied by my brother-in-law) for a chance to see Ryan Ford. Anybody know why he hasn't been playing?

get a life

Yeah, I don't think that's really anybody else's business.
Agreed, but unfortunate circumstances has led to the team falling apart and now it looks like they have lost interest in the game because of some poor decisions off the field. Hopefully, these boys will recognize what they have done to their teammates/friends and make better decisions in the future.

A promising year seemingly has passed by for a group of talented boys. Good luck to the rest of 8-5A.
quote:
Originally posted by hornsr1:
Agreed, but unfortunate circumstances has led to the team falling apart and now it looks like they have lost interest in the game because of some poor decisions off the field. Hopefully, these boys will recognize what they have done to their teammates/friends and make better decisions in the future.

A promising year seemingly has passed by for a group of talented boys. Good luck to the rest of 8-5A.

Horns, I wouldn't go that far bud. I know PW ran into some good pitching against Allen last night but you guys are still tied for 2nd in the district. Looking forward to the game Friday night.
quote:
Originally posted by Bronco Baseball:
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Crude:
quote:
Just a baseball fan in the district with a question. Been to two Plano West games in a row (the 1st accompanied by my brother-in-law) for a chance to see Ryan Ford. Anybody know why he hasn't been playing?

get a life

Yeah, I don't think that's really anybody else's business.

Not my business either but was he just asking a question or egging something on ??? And just for the record... I have no clue what's going on, I don't follow the district except on here.
#1-Ya'll have me at a loss and must know something I don't

#2-Get a Life? Why? Because I wanted my brother-in-law to see a high school kid that is one of the best players in the area and then see he's not playing and come on here and ask if anyone knows why?

#3-Egging something on? I ASKED if anybody knew anything...thinking he might be injured, etc...

#4-Wow!!! Touchy
The Allen pitcher dominated last night and West was free-swinging

while the West kids were flat, please give kudos to Allen for a well-played game including a tremendous catch by their CF (Alex Pastor) which flat out stopped a potential big inning for West

Horns - please refrain from discussing any issues of a personal type on thsi site - don't blame a bad game on an outside event, especially when you do not even attend the games!

baseball is supposed to be a fun game and even the pros have off-nights
quote:

#2-Get a Life? Why? Because I wanted my brother-in-law to see a high school kid that is one of the best players in the area and then see he's not playing and come on here and ask if anyone knows why?

#3-Egging something on? I ASKED if anybody knew anything...thinking he might be injured, etc...

#4-Wow!!! Touchy

Must be Top Secret stuff... I didn't mean to imply that you knew something and were egging it on. I was asking the others if that's what they thought. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
quote:

#4-Wow!!! Touchy

westtxbaseball, my apologies if my response came across rude. I personally have no concrete facts on the subject matter and I'm not a fan at all of speculation and hearsay when it's dealing with HS kids.
I agree that the subject should be dropped, but the general board reaction seems a little hypocritical when compared to that thread about Flower Mound before the season. I don't think he was even stepping out of the bounds asking the question. Maybe he was hurt. Best just to forget it and move on?

Jesuit has the best 1-2-3 in this district. Any four teams that come out of this district will make noise in the playoffs.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.