Skip to main content

I am new to this site and I am just testing this out. I have enjoyed reading all these comments and plan to be on here frequently.

I have a question, is McKinney the only school in the district that plays all their Friday night games on the road? (The last Friday game is home, rest on the road)

Seems odd to me, not saying good or bad....
We ran into the same thing in District 5-5A. Northwest has 2 Friday night home games and Grapevine doesn't get any. That means other teams are getting 5 or 6 Friday home district tilts. Friday nights are the best attended games and usually results in increased concession sales.

Disappointing they couldn't find a way to balance that better, but scheduling is a b*&^%...I mean a bear and I wouldn't volunteer to do it.
DD,

Just remember 3 bloop hits look like 3 line drives in the box score! A 3 hit night is still a 3 hit night and a very good night that is baseball. Who pitched for Sherman and Frisco? Did Blalock and Powell both pitch in that game for Sherman? Was the errors caused by the weather or just sloppy play. Our game against North had very good weather until the bottom of the 6th until about 2 minutes after Ty Crump hit a BOMB (Grand Salami) off one of the Titan Relievers. North scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 6th to erase a 3 run deficit. Crump's Bomb was still going up when it left the ballpark and may have landed in Sherman! After the Bomb, the wind starting blowing "IN" hard and the temperature dropped 10-15 degrees. The last few innings were tough to play as our game went into extra innings and the weather really changed.
Anyone have the results of the Frisco - Dennison Game last Night? That is the only 9-4A Game that has not had the results posted yet.

It sounds like the McKinney vs McKinney North Game was also a great game. Congrats to Jake Smith on hitting another Bomb. The District Standings for 2nd-5th Place sure has bunched up. McKinney is looking very strong early on as expected they have some great pitching and now their bats are heating up. Hopefully Centennial can make a game of it Friday night as I expect it to be another good pitching match-up between a couple of very good Juniors as Lee vs Dzurisin/Nelson.
Any opinions on how this district will shake out?

There are a few minor surprises but as most predicted this is a very tight race and in my opinion a very good district that will do well in the playoffs.

Sherman 7-2
McKinney 7-2
Frisco Wakeland 6-3
Frisco Centennial 6-3
McKinney North 5-4
Frisco Liberty 3-6
Frisco 2-7
Denison 0-9

Sherman vs Centennial tonight, then McKinney vs North and Wakeland vs Sherman on Friday will be big games in determining which four make the playoffs.
I agree, Lee has only given up 1 hit in his last 2 starts. North and Sherman both have good pitching too. McKinney will need to do a better job of stringing hits together to win these games. (Getting the bunt down and doing the little things that win tight games)

This district will come down to the last week not only for who wins it but which teams get into the playoffs as well.
Been hanging around for a while and thought I'd finally give posting a shot. 9-4A is really heating up, it should be a tight last half of district. In response to 7-2 PO, I agree that MHS has a tough schedule remaining and their games with North are always exciting and fun but I would think North will see Zach Lee on Friday. Not to take anything away from any pitcher in the district but from past experiencesof my son playing against him he is far and away the top pitcher in the district, probably was last year as a sophomore. I think North might have their hands full. But hey thats why we play the game. I'll be anxious to see the score friday night and good luck to all teams.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.