Skip to main content

OK, I know it doesn't start until Tuesday, but thought since this is my busiest week of the month (and because of that the reason I can't attend) that I'd get a head start on getting a topic started.

My son and my "other son" pulled out of Lewisville about 30 minutes ago on thier first real road trip without parents. Driving all the way to PHX and staying by themselves in the Hotel there. Told them both that this should be a memory they will have the rest of their lives and also a way to prove to their parents they are ready for college.

All the guys and gals making the trip, please update the thread with updates and scores. And if you are staying at the Embassy Suites, look in on KellerSon from time to time for me Big Grin
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Natural:
No rain in the forecast! Smile

Forecast highs: 109 - 115! Eek

Me in two days: Red Face

Natural they told me it was a dry heat so you have nothing to worry about. I'll be there Thursday so if you don't mind would you soak up as much of that dry heat as you can before I get there. Wink

If everything goes good we may come over to your game Thursday morning.
108 degrees and beautiful sunshine here for first day of pool play.

DBAT 18 d. Albuquerque Pirates
DBAT 17 d. Chandler Wolves
DBAT 17 d. RBI Baseball
Dallas Giants d. Farmington Cardinals
Dallas Giants d. RBI Baseball
Dallas Tigers 18 d. Colorado Cannons
Dallas Tigers 18 d. ASBA 17
Dallas Patriots 18 d. Rocky Mountain Baseball Club
Dallas Patriots 17 d. ASBA 17
LH Wildcats lost to Farmington Drillers
Dallas Panthers lost to Angels Red
Dallas Patriots 17 lost to So Cal Renegades
Dallas Patriots lost to Tucson HS

WS Qualifier Updates
Last edited by Frozen Ropes GM
Day two of pool play....

DBAT 18 d. Farmington Drillers 7-0
DBAT 18 d. ASBA 18 2-1
DBAT 17 d. Farmington Cardinals 6-1
LH Wildcats d. Albuquerque Pirates 4-3
LH Wildcats d. ASBA 18 3-1 (8 inn)
Dallas Tigers 18 d. So Cal Renegades 4-3
Dallas Patriots 18 d. Dallas Panthers 9-6
Dallas Patriots 17 lost to Colorado Cannons 3-11
Dallas Giants lost to Chandler Wolves 6-10
Last edited by Frozen Ropes GM
Looks like the Texas teams are representing our great state well in Arizona.

From what the scores indicate, the DBAT 18's look like they are facing some strong pitching. They have a stout lineup yet have only scored 1,7,2.
Having said that, their pitching must really be doing the job as they have only given up one run in three games and are 3-0 going in against LH. They win that one, they could possibly be the #1 seed.
Again, nice job Texas!
What is the first tie breaker?

If LH wins Big Grin then they are 3-1 and DBat would be 3-1
if Head to Head is the first Tie Breaker............

then LH would be #1 and DBAT #2

if it is runs allowed then DBAT would be #1 unless
the final score between LH and DBAT is something like:

LH 8 DBAT 0

Didn't see anyplace where the tiebreaker was listed. But seeing as though it is a pool that everyone plays everyone I would say Head to Head would be the first way to go........but........this is AABC.

Game Time 1:30.

But remember there are several other TEXAS teams in this tourney than just these 2 so GOOD LUCK to all the Texas Teams.
Last edited by oldbat-never
Let me say for the record, I have "no dog in this fight", but I do have a couple of friends on DBAT,
kids that my son played with at a younger age.

As far as LH or DBAT winning, I really don't care.
As long as Texas brings home the trophy.

You are right oldbat-never, there are a few other Texas teams that are just as good if not better as the above mentioned. Dallas Tigers 3-0, DBAT 17 3-0 Dallas Giants 2-1. All have the ability to beat anyone.

My original points were Texas is shining and DBAT 18 has an opportunity to land a #1 seed out of 25 teams IF they were to win today.

Good Luck to all the Texas teams!!
Last edited by thats-a-balk!
LH has found a way to win this tournament for what? The past two years in a row?

I wouldn't count them out for anything right now.

DBat has faced some good pitching from what I've heard, and their pitchers and defense has faced up to the task.

Even though my son is out there playing for a team, I'm rooting for all the Texas teams.

And DBat 18's are 0-2 against the Tigers 18, so if they do end up facing off in the elimination round, it should be a great game.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.