Skip to main content

Heard today that the dead period may be extended to 7/31. Travel coach is letting everyone know so they can decide on whether they still decide if they are going to play or not since coaches likely will not be out watching. He said the travel practices will start 6/15 and will try to get in as many tournaments as possible. 

I would question the source of that information.   The NCAA put out a number of updates just a couple of days ago including that the committee would meet Wednesday May 13th to make a final decision on extending the dead period to June 30th.  There is no mention of any possibility of extending the the end of July.

"The group also committed to make a final decision on an extension of the recruiting dead period through June 30 at the group’s May 13 meeting."

The entire statement can be found here:

http://www.ncaa.org/about/reso...nket-waiver-requests

Coach said he heard it from two different coaches he was trying to get to come watch the kid play. He could be wrong, and it wouldn’t be the first time. But I thought it was somewhat credible since he used that info to offer parents an out on their summer commitment. He could just as likely be saying it to make it seem like he is more connected than he is. 

FL has a lot of obstacles right now. The MLB complexes won't commit to anything because they don't know if MLB will be using them. Most of the other complexes are owned by cities and counties and they are now saying they may not open them for tournaments until phase 3. 

A coach I know was told the same thing as your friend about one of the tournaments this coming weekend in East Cobb. He woke up this morning to a notice that it is being postponed. 

@baseballhs posted:

Palm Beach.  I think that one has sand. I’m going to the one with baseball and water.

I’m hearing Palm Beach won’t have baseball by then. Fit Team and Rodger Dean will be in use by MLB (hopefully). All the coaches around here are saying mid June at the earliest  

If their backup fields are county owned, which most are, those will probably be off limits. They haven’t reached phase 1 yet. The FL counties that host a majority of the tournaments are now saying they won’t open fields for tournaments until closer to phase 3  

Their beaches are apparently closed right now. I live just north of them and my county just started checking IDs at our beaches to keep the Palm Beach riff raff out. 

**Which PG tournament are you looking at? Their site doesn't appear to have anything listed during those dates for a showcase or tournament. 

Last edited by TerribleBPthrower

Sorry, I listed everything wrong.  I saw a chance to play and we booked...the team had invited us to play in a bunch of PG tournaments so I assumed this one was.  It is the Prospect Select Classic.  It does list the FIT field and Dan Rogers Stadium.  He didn't say what the back up fields were.  I contacted the PS group today for clarification.  I read today that they are opening the fields back up for pro sports but the Field administrators said they had not been contacted by anyone to get the fields ready for a Spring Training.  I also assumed all the beaches in Florida were open but it says Palm Beach just opened today and for exercise only.  Guess I'll wait to hear back.  The coach also sent me a text yesterday saying there was a PBR team camp on the 4th and we could attend that free of charge in Daytona.  Haven't done research yet to see if they are open, but not planning to attend.

@baseballhs posted:

Sorry, I listed everything wrong.  I saw a chance to play and we booked...the team had invited us to play in a bunch of PG tournaments so I assumed this one was.  It is the Prospect Select Classic.  It does list the FIT field and Dan Rogers Stadium.  He didn't say what the back up fields were.  I contacted the PS group today for clarification.  I read today that they are opening the fields back up for pro sports but the Field administrators said they had not been contacted by anyone to get the fields ready for a Spring Training.  I also assumed all the beaches in Florida were open but it says Palm Beach just opened today and for exercise only.  Guess I'll wait to hear back.  The coach also sent me a text yesterday saying there was a PBR team camp on the 4th and we could attend that free of charge in Daytona.  Haven't done research yet to see if they are open, but not planning to attend.

We were hoping to play in the Palm Beach Classic that weekend. Fit Team is still being used as a testing site. I'm still hoping they get everything cleared in time. What age is your son playing in? I think my son's team is playing 16u for that one.

If they are open for exercise they should be open for regular use by the time you are here. Daytona should be wide open. They have been one of the most open areas of the state the entire time.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the area or the fields or anything like that.

TerribleBP, I think that the majority of the teams (esp the larger orgs) have a solid relationship with PG/PBR, and simply carry the credits onward.

For instance, I believe that the upcoming events in GA for PG in May (if they even go off, which I doubt) will lose probably 20% of the teams that are currently registered, and they’ll just carry over to future events. 

Looked at his orders for youth sports. 

Effective May 31, 2020, youth sports may begin holding practices without spectators other than one parent or guardian per participant, as needed. Those sports may begin holding games or similar competitions, with or without spectators, on or after June 15, 2020. Spectators should maintain at least 6 feet social distancing from individuals not within the spectator’s group.

This is the part of the Texas announcement related to baseball.  In this context, "youth" would include highschool age.  

Effective May 31, 2020, youth sports may begin holding practices without spectators other than one 
parent or guardian per participant, as needed. Those sports may begin holding games or similar 
competitions, with or without spectators, on or after June 15, 2020. Spectators should maintain at least 6 
feet social distancing from individuals not within the spectator’s group.

Latest from PG:

---------------------------------------------------

Updated Monday, May 18, 2020, 6:15 p.m. ET

Finally, a bit of good news.

We will be playing very soon in some states.  Most events this week are postponed, but still waiting to hear back from Alabama government officials this week. It looks like all events everywhere in the country scheduled from June 1st on could be held as scheduled, once again depending on governmental decisions.  A few events may change venues/locations, be sure to check. We will be notifying all that are signed up, but please be proactive and check the schedule. Things could, and probably will, change quickly from now to the end of the month.

Now as we learn more, we can start rescheduling the events that were postponed earlier. Teams and individuals will be able to choose between many events for their makeup.  Just make sure we know what you are transferring to.  In some cases, we will be adding events to make up for earlier events that were postponed. Only events you might not be able to transfer to would be invitational only tournaments or showcases.

We have all the safety procedures in place and that will be released soon.  Just keep checking this page as well as event pages on www.perfectgame.org for more information.  We could have several updates this week as more information comes in.

Note: Many of our tournaments and showcases will be streamed this year. Plus, there are some new great technologies that will benefit players, scouts, and college recruiters. You will soon be reading much more on that subject right here on this website.

Please stay safe.

https://www.usabaseball.com/ne...446682?tid=216639934

USA Baseball Announcement

The following events have been tentatively rescheduled on the 2020 calendar:

• 17U National Team Championships North Carolina (July 27-30)
• 14U and 15U National Team Championships Arizona (July 27-30)
• 16U and 17U National Team Championships Arizona (July 31-August 3)
• 15U National Team Championships North Carolina (August 4-9)
• 10U Futures Invitational (August 6-9)
• 16U National Team Championships North Carolina (August 11-16)
• 11U, 12U, 13U and 14U NTIS Champions Cup (August 19-23)
• 15U and 16U NTIS Champions Cup (August 26-30)

The following events and national team programming have been cancelled:

• 11U Futures Invitational
• 13U/14U Athlete Development Program (ADP)
• 16U/17U National Team Development Program (NTDP)
• National Team Championships Florida

The 14U Cup (July 24-26) and 11U/13U Futures Series Irvine (August 28-30) are set to take place as originally scheduled.

Received this in an email today from the PBR Director of IA/MN/NB:

Hello!

I have received a couple phone calls and messages pertaining to this subject; so I wanted to reach out and communicate to the group.

As you may have heard, college coaches are not allowed to attend any baseball events through the end of June. In the industry, this is technically called a recruiting “Dead Period,” which has been extended into the summer due to an NCAA legislative vote stemming from COVID-19. This pertains specifically to D1 and D2 schools. This recruiting “dead period” may even extend to August after the next NCAA ruling; which has the potential to be a “likelihood” as well.

Even though college coaches are required to stay off the road, they most certainly…….. are still evaluating and recruiting. Their need and want for updated video, metrics, etc. has exponentially increased with these restrictions being in place.

This summer, Prep Baseball Report events are one of the only sources for college coaches and pro scouts to still see you completely as a player. Thanks to our investment in technology and partnerships with global baseball leaders in the tech space, college coaches will have everything they need to see all the hard work and improvements in your game.

+ Not only will they see your edited video of your performance, they will have access to your elevated pitching and hitting data captured by TrackMan and Blast swing sensors. Moreover, your complete scouting report, statistics, advanced data, and edited video will all live inside your player profile on the Prep Baseball Report website.

+ In addition; we are also looking at various options and are currently planning on Live Streaming the events in some capacity to allow those not in attendance to view the event in real-time.

My phone has been ringing off the hook from college coaches asking what we are doing to help them continue to do their job at the highest level possible given the recruiting restrictions. We have told them, just as we are telling you now, we got you covered.

We are committed to helping you reach your dreams of playing baseball at the next level, even during these times. And thanks to our investment in technology, Prep Baseball Report is the No. 1 trusted connection between you and college coaches during these crazy times.

With more than 800 college coaches subscribed to Prep Baseball Report services, our platform provides the opportunity to get your information in front of more coaches than what would ever be at a singular event.

CLICK HERE to learn all the technology and features at our events.

As Always- please contact me if you have any questions about the upcoming events, recruiting, or anything in general.

Look forward to seeing you soon!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.