Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Will:
quote:
The key at our school is whether or not the coach can make the right parents happy

if the above is the truth the question is Why?

It most likely means parents of these kids are way more involved in their kids baseball experience at the high school then they're supposed to be. These are the moms and dads wiith a lot of time on their hands, with nothing better to do and can hang around the school, are constantly hanging around the coach, make sure they run the booster club and dads taking summer legion teams to guarentee their kids make the team and play and also be on the ins with the coach. There are coaches out there who are influence by these types of parents and put players on varsity, start players or give them a longer leash than more deserving players whos parents take more of a support role for the players and the team and let the head coach just do his job.
Last edited by zombywoof
zombywoof is right on the money, except that at our school, my experience is that these parents don't hang around the coach (they tried that and it didn't work), they hang around the principal and the AD.

Our coach search is over. They hired one of our assistant coaches...who has a son on the team, and another son who will be a freshman when the older one graduates. They are good players, but it does make me glad that 2B doesn't play their position.

He's not a bad guy. He loves the boys and the game. And he will not try to change 2B, at least I don't think so. So it could be worse. I was kind of pulling for Esix. Wink
quote:
they hang around the principal and the AD.

Yea...That too Big Grin.....And if a team of parents revolt and want a coach ousted, you know who they're gonna see about it Wink

With that said, there are legitimate reasons parents may go to the AD and principal and want a coach ousted such as getting the same complaints from players year in and year out about the same thing where it's not just one or two players but team-wide. There are coaches out there who run programs into the ground and in some of those instances, need to be replaced.
Last edited by zombywoof
quote:
they hang around the principal and the AD.

people do what you let them do.

a related story

A good baseball man was hired as a coach at a local school. He was not a young guy he was in his 50's been around quite a while. Knows his stuff. I recently found out after 2 seasons he stepped down. Why? Not from what went on on the field but what he had to put on with off. so what was accomplished here a good coach says why bother not worth it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.