Skip to main content

Notre Dame should be watching very very carefully to next Saturday's SEC Championship between Georgia and Alabama.

Not sure if watching will do much good because these SEC boys will show Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship how football is really played. Yes it's been mentioned that we (SEC teams) schedule 2-3 cream puff teams each season. Doesn't everyone to begin the season, and then toss in a couple more during the season to work through injuries, etc.?? Of course.

But Notre Dame? They schedule 6 games against teams that is surprising they still have football teams at these fine Universities. And it took what, 5 FG's to beat a hapless USC team by barely a TD! 3 teams that would barely win in the FCS were beaten by only 3 points! Didn't Pitt get beat by Youngstown State...??

I only wish Ohio State wasn't on probation so the SEC could play them again for the title! Spank that rear one more time. But let them get their hopes up for next year.

I just know that everyone who reads this will agree with me and sing Kum-ba-ya all week!

"The difference between excellence and mediocrity is commitment." Twitter: @KwwJ829

Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:

Originally posted by Tx-Husker:

...and had what most called the toughest schedule.

Ok. I'll bite. Who was it that determined they had the toughest schedule? And only half their schedule was against decent teams. Come play in the SEC! 6 of the Top 11 teams in the country are from the SEC!

You are way underestimating ND if you think they can't give any SEC school a game...

I didn't say ANY SEC team. Just either of the one's playing next weekend. But I might throw in a few more SEC teams that are in the Top 10!

Last edited by YoungGunDad
Nothing "ad hominem" about my comment, and it was not an attack. It was an observation. Just as there are Yankee haters and Cowboy haters, there are Notre Dame haters.

This has nothing to do with records or opponents. Just an observation of attitude.

No then, it might be a generalization. No, not might, it is indeed a generalization. Smile
quote:
TXHusker posted....No one would call me a Notre Dame fan. But they are the only undefeated team and had what most called the toughest schedule. You are way underestimating ND if you think they can't give any SEC school a game...they know what to do to win, and they just do it.

I agree Tx-Husker. I'm really hoping Alabama wins because I think they are the best SEC team overall. I want to really see how good this Notre Dame team is. If they win, they deserve it and that is the way it is supposed to work.
Yeah, Notre Dame sort of intrigues me.

They snuck up on me (and on many other fans), but got my attention by beating Stanford and thumping Oklahoma.

They have an excellent scoring defense, giving up more than 20 points only once, in their 3OT game.

But their lackluster wins over too many middling opponents keep me from totally buying in yet.

I don't have a rooting interest, just hoping for a great game between the two most deserving teams.
One thing about Notre Dame, they sure bring out both sides, the haters and the bandwagon jumpers.

I dont like Notre Dame, but I will give them credit for going undefeated. Based on that, they deserve to get beat in the championship by the SEC winner. If they were in the SEC, they would be maybe the 7th best team in the conference: LSU, aTM, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina would all beat them in a neutral site game.
quote:
If they were in the SEC, they would be maybe the 7th best team in the conference

Let's not get carried away with "SEC greatness" this year. Their bottom 6 teams only had 8 wins in conference and the bottom 5 had losing records. It's a conference with a group of strong and a group of weak teams this year. It is not strong top to bottom.
quote:
Originally posted by Tx-Husker:
quote:
If they were in the SEC, they would be maybe the 7th best team in the conference

Let's not get carried away with "SEC greatness" this year. Their bottom 6 teams only had 8 wins in conference and the bottom 5 had losing records. It's a conference with a group of strong and a group of weak teams this year. It is not strong top to bottom.

Did I say anything about the bottom of the SEC? Yes, the bottom few are pretty bad, my Tigers included. But that has NOTHING to do with how Notre Dame would compare to the TOP of the SEC.

I stand by my statement. 7th best in the SEC.
It's still an impressive conference....Without a doubt.

Eight teams undefeated in non-conference play....I'm not impressed with that from any team in any conference. It basically amounts to winning a series of scrimmages.

ND has clearly earned the right to be in the NC game. Whether they play Georgia or Alabama, I expect they will show they belonged in the game.
quote:
Originally posted by YoungGunDad:

Not sure if watching will do much good because these SEC boys will show Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship how football is really played.

I'm sure the student-athletes at Notre Dame will show these other teams players a lot in the years to come as they run businesses across the US that require a true degree. Not 4 years of just playing football.

Most of the teams ND plays is the same teams they play year-in, year -out. Is it the SEC, no. Did ND faithful think they would be where they are. In our dreams.

And if you think Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina are the cream of the crop in opponents...
The SEC is wonderful if you're counting National Championships. They have won it for 6 straight years.

Nearly everyone seems to agree that the National Championship should be Notre Dame against Georgia Alabama winner. Oddly enough, if the new format started this year there would be more controversy naming 4 teams than only the 2 teams this time.

I think it's good that Notre Dame is back as a National power. I predict 7 in a row SEC.
On Mike And Mike this morning they talked about strength of schedules...not sure what the source they were using for their statements but they had

Notre Dame playing the 14th hardest schedule in the country....Alabama was around 38th and Georgia was around 60th....

So not sure that ND really had that easy of a time....
quote:
Originally posted by dad43:
On Mike And Mike this morning they talked about strength of schedules...not sure what the source they were using for their statements but they had

Notre Dame playing the 14th hardest schedule in the country....Alabama was around 38th and Georgia was around 60th....

So not sure that ND really had that easy of a time....
Notre Dame also had two teams on their schedule (MSU and USC) who would traditionally have stronger teams.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.