Skip to main content

Vance,
Trust me! I get it! Just because someone decides to go to college, doesn't mean he doesn't have the dream. My son has had the dream since he was a little guy, still does, college hasn't changed that one bit!
Honesty, if you ask him he would tell you know he would not have given up what he has for a million. You are right about one thing, it is NOT about the money.

Included in his goal of playing MLB was the dream of winning a conference championship, going to Omaha as a player and playing for USA or on the cape for summer. He also wanted to experience football weekends and homecoming, s****r games and basketball games, and probably a lot more I don't know about. Do admit, classes seem to get in the way sometimes, though he has managed to keep the GPA above 3.0! He has achieved most of that, pretty determined and serious about his game, so I wouldn't doubt he MIGHT make it someday. He took a risk, and according to you, risk takers are more successful.
Scouts came to do their job, asking questions, explaining about their system of advancement, etc. But in the end when they called before draft time to ask what he really wanted to do and he answered go to college, they all said, "wise choice". But again I say, that was the right choice for him.

Dreams are dreams and reality is reality. Reality is, he wants to do it all. Are you or I to tell him he CAN'T? He may or may not make it to the show someday but I can tell you that he is having one h e l l of a ride along the way!
EH,
Each year approx 1500 are drafted. Most don't sign. The draft serves two purposes. One to find the best available prospects for MLB, second to have players make up teams for those prospects, three, to add $$ to baseball from revenues from their ML affiliates.

Most teams don't want to give those that are not top prospects more time than they have to. They have a revolving door going. They need to have their prospects play against the best, for competition to get to the show. Every once in a while they draft what they feel may be an organizational player, and he turns out to be a sensation.
There are so many players to fill open positions and so many teams to fill them. The more players that come, means more go. It's a game of survival of the fittest with yes, the "investments" given more chances, more time.

There are no guarantees in life. Even in college, you might be asked to leave to make room for someone else who might have more potential than you. Life isn't fair and baseball is not fair.
IMO - When it comes to this subject - anyone who claims an absolute truth exists one way or the other is just "talking jive".

Every single kid is different - and every kid's situation is different.

There isnt anyone on this planet that can tell a kid what is right for him.

Some kids make the right decisions and some dont. Thats life.

But to claim that you must go to college - or that you must play pro ball out of high school - or any other absolute - belies a very simple mind. (Regardless of what type of sheepskin you have hanging on the wall - or dont have hanging on the wall.)

IMO.
Last edited by itsinthegame
quote:
The draft serves two purposes. One to find the best available prospects for MLB, second to have players make up teams for those prospects, three, to add $$ to baseball from revenues from their ML affiliates.

Isn't that 3 purposes?

Your right on number 1
and
Your somewhat right on numer 2
Pro teams do not draft HS players to fill rosters. They do that with college players and independent league players only.

and your way off the deep end on number 3
MLB teams do not make money on their minor league teams. Each Minor league team supports its self. Actually MLB teams loose money on minor league teams.

quote:
There are so many players to fill open positions and so many teams to fill them. The more players that come, means more go. It's a game of survival of the fittest with yes, the "investments" given more chances, more time.

Isn't that the way ALL jobs are. Unless your a stay home mom, and even those get replaced sometimes too.

IF you wanta go to college go. I have said that all along. If its about becoming a major league player then sign your contract.

Go down each major league roster. MOST players and MOST of the high dollar players NEVER attended one day of college class.

There isn't one ML team that would draft a HS kid and not give him 5 years. Pro teams draft HS players to help them make it to the big leagues. Bottom line.
quote:
Originally posted by Vance34:

Go down each major league roster. MOST players and MOST of the high dollar players NEVER attended one day of college class.

How do you define most?

I actually did that exercise a few weeks ago.
Every single team - just because I had some time to waste. I even posted about 5 or 6 teams worth here.

Its about 50-50 - with a high number of players having attended JUCO's and community colleges.

And if you take the Latin American players out of the equation - the ratio is about 60-40.

I guess it comes down to how you define "Most". LOL

Last edited by itsinthegame
EH,
I saw this on another post, might explain why players are let go.

http://baseball.about.com/od/lesserknownrules/a/transactionrule.htm

Vance, Sorry, I meant 3, please forgive me. You mean to say baseball MAKES NO money off of ML? You said they lose money? So if they make no money off of them how can they lose money?

I never said that more college or HS players were drafted to fill rosters. Hmm, that's odd, you mean that 16 college players of the first round, 18 college players of the second round were drafted to fill rosters? Holy moly, what an incredible waste of money!

And if they have no intentions of having them make it to MLB, why did they spend money on MOST of them in the first place, oh I forgot, to fill roster spots! Gee, and I thought they were considered prospects.

You certainly do make the whole thing confusing!

BTW, Midlo dad sked you a question, last page, you didn't answer. Roll Eyes
Last edited by TPM
quote:
You mean to say baseball MAKES NO money off of ML? You said they lose money? So if they make no money off of them how can they lose money

Major League teams make no money from the minor league teams. That would be correct! Each minor league team is self supporting. The major league teams actually pay for a minor league agreement with a city. They team also supplies all the equipment and all the player and coaches salaries. They recieve no revenue for having a team in a city.

quote:
you mean that 16 college players of the first round, 18 college players of the second round were drafted to fill rosters? Holy moly, what an incredible waste of money!

Not what I said. What I said was that pro teams don't draft HS players to fill rosters. They draft college and Independent players. I DID NOT say they draft 1st round players or 2nd round players to fill rosters. BUT, the Royals have come close.

quote:
And if they have no intentions of having them make it to MLB, why did they spend money on MOST of them in the first place, oh I forgot, to fill roster spots! Gee, and I thought they were considered prospects

They have all intentions of helping them make it to the ML's. Guys taken that early in the draft would not be roster fillers. I NEVER SAID THAT!
quote:
I actually did that exercise a few weeks ago.
Every single team - just because I had some time to waste. I even posted about 5 or 6 teams worth here.

Its about 50-50 - with a high number of players having attended JUCO's and community colleges.

And if you take the Latin American players out of the equation - the ratio is about 60-40.

I guess it comes down to how you define "Most". LOL

And WE (as Americans) wonder why American baseball players are getting fewer and fewer in the big leagues! HAMMER on the HEAD of the NAIL!
Last edited by Vance34
quote:
quote:
You mean to say baseball MAKES NO money off of ML? You said they lose money? So if they make no money off of them how can they lose money

Major League teams make no money from the minor league teams. That would be correct! Each minor league team is self supporting. The major league teams actually pay for a minor league agreement with a city. They team also supplies all the equipment and all the player and coaches salaries. They recieve no revenue for having a team in a city.

quote:
you mean that 16 college players of the first round, 18 college players of the second round were drafted to fill rosters? Holy moly, what an incredible waste of money!

Not what I said. What I said was that pro teams don't draft HS players to fill rosters. They draft college and Independent players. I DID NOT say they draft 1st round players or 2nd round players to fill rosters. BUT, the Royals have come close.

quote:
And if they have no intentions of having them make it to MLB, why did they spend money on MOST of them in the first place, oh I forgot, to fill roster spots! Gee, and I thought they were considered prospects

They have all intentions of helping them make it to the ML's. Guys taken that early in the draft would not be roster fillers. I NEVER SAID THAT!

But, but Vance,
You said if you want to go to college go, if you want to be a major league player sign a contract.
So if you sign a contract out of HS that means you will be a major league player and if you go to college you won't, that's what you implied right?
And you also said they draft college players to fill rosters, but then you said they will help the many top college drafted prospects to go to MLB, right? Why wouldn't they?
So fill me in, if you go to college you will not be a MLB, but if you are one of he 30 plus they are paying some big money for this year you might get lucky or you might not.
Isn't that the way it is for everyone Vance?

Are you a scout, with a master's? Did you play MLB, no you couldn't have because most MLB players don't ever attend. I just want to understand where you are coming from.

A former player from where my son goes is a MLB pitcher, so is a short stop from the Padres. As a matter of fact there have been MANY that played MLB (not all at one time)lol. Does that fall under MOST or SOME?

Gee, if someone here followed your great advice, they might even be more confused. Eek
After signing for $500,000 out of Venezuela last year, Yankees outfielder Jose Tabata made a quick impression in the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League by hitting .314/.382/.417 and swiping 22 bags.

The 17-year-old has built on that this season at low Class A Charleston, where he was hitting .321/.395/.454 through 293 at-bats and was named to both the South Atlantic League all-star game and the Futures Game.

Tabata has plus tools across the board, starting with an advanced approach at the plate. Tabata uses the whole field effectively, and already has gap power to left-center field. He has plus-plus bat speed and many scouts are projecting plus power to develop in time, though Tabata had just five homers in the Sally League this season.

We caught up with an American League scout in Pittsburgh at this year's Futures Game to give an assessment of what he saw out of arguably the Yankees' most exciting prospect.

"He's a very, very interesting player," the scout said. "He's a plus runner (4.15 seconds to first base) with the ability to hit for a high average. He's got average to above-average arm strength and depending on how he fills out, certainly has the potential to hit for tremendous power. His bat speed and bat-to-ball ability is just that good.

"His swing is very quiet--no wasted movement. He's got very quick hands and strong wrists and seems to have good balance in his approach. The hand-eye is remarkable, and where a lot of guys would be so dialed into that ability to hit for power--and we see so many young players fall in love with that ability, they try to do that every AB--he shows a mature approach, just takes what he's given and launches balls the other way into the gap.

"The age is the thing that makes him so intriguing. You see all these tools now--and they all play--and that's what intrigues you. Is he going to stay at 5-foot-11, 180 (pounds) and be a gap-to-gap guy who can hit balls to all fields with no problem? Or does he grow into that body, become like 6-foot-2, 200 (pounds) and really start to unlock some more of that huge power potential? Everything's in place if he does--the tools are all above-average to plus. And if that happens, we're talking about a monster."
quote:
You said if you want to go to college go, if you want to be a major league player sign a contract.
So if you sign a contract out of HS that means you will be a major league player and if you go to college you won't, that's what you implied right?

I didn't imply anything. You did. Again, what I said is if its about the money then go to school. If its about trying to become a major league player then sign the contract!

quote:
So fill me in, if you go to college you will not be a MLB,
Whew, I said this? NO I DID NOT! I said go to college if its about the money!

Let me ask you something TPM, lets say every player in the draft gets the same bonus. Would your son have been fighting to get on that **** bus to go play! Your **** right he would have!

A serious injury kept me from playing further. And yes I have a masters degree! Do you?

quote:
A former player from where my son goes is a MLB pitcher, so is a short stop from the Padres

And the guy playing in the middle with that Padre SS is a HIGH SCHOOL 4th RD pick that signed for less than 500,000 dollars OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL!

GEE, TPM read what is said and not what you think is said! Then maybe you would understand. Who is your son? Didn't he have Tommy John Surgery? I think I'll call Leggett and get the inside on him.
Last edited by Vance34
Vance,
My last response to you. In this thread as in others, you seem to imply that we are all jerks, you know who I am, I don't know who you are. So coming on here spewing advice ( some of what you say makes sense, other times you talk in circles) but if someone DOES NOT agree with your thinking, you get pretty testy. I am tired of you thinking we are idiots, not just here but where ever you post.

You don't like when someone misinterprets what you say, you have done the same thing here.
This topic is about choices, I am trying to explain that there are choices. Choice is based on circumstances for each individual, sometimes money is involved in the choice, sometimes not. The impression you give is that your chances of making it to MLB is less if you went to college. In the end, you and I know, that who makes it makes it most likely whether they went to college or straight out of HS.

Son DID not have TJS, and you can call Jack, I think that he too will tell you that college for many is a good choice, considering he has had almost 100 players drafted in his term at Clemson. Did all of them become MLB players, no, but many of them got chances, the same chances one has coming out of HS.

And btw, my education has NOTHING to do with this topic. Besides, I have until 90 to go back to school (according to you), and at 55, I haven't decided what to do yet.

Understand, you do NOT have to be in the business of baseball to understand the realities of college recruiting and the MLB draft.
Last edited by TPM
quote:
my education has NOTHING to do with this topic

Then WHY did mine?

If you'll look at what I said. It is all about choices. My comment again was "If its about the MONEY go to school. If its about trying to play in the big leagues then sign the contract."

To many American players (and Good ones to) make pro baseball the last resort and not the priority.

We deal with it every year. High school kids/ parents saying "if you'll give me a Million or 2 million or even 3 or 4 million then I'll sign a contract. Its about the money and that Camp should go to school. We hear them say "yes I wanta be a big leaguer BUT I wanta go have fun in college first because my chances aren't good for making it to the big leagues. But, I'll be ready in 3 years. Then if not then after their Senior years. Then next thing you know they are calling every scout and begging for a chance at pro ball.

Its the parents/ kid that say my priority is becoming a big league player. Draft me where I should be drafted and pay me whats fair for where I am picked and I'm ready to go. "Where's the bus".

Pro baseball wants players who WANT it worse than anything else in life. I, nor any scout, have an issue with kids going to college.

Which brings to mind a Clemson player who may have a different perspective if you asked him today. Patrick Boyd.

I don't know about you, but walking away from alot of money and college money to is hard to realize.

quote:
And if you are a professional and in the business, business must be pretty slow, because I CAN'T imagine why an educated ex professional with a MASTER's degree is posting all day long on a High school baseball web!

Well, if you KNEW the business as you say you do then you would have realized that I'm doing professional coverage out of my home state and see one game(a minor league game)a night. Then I spend all day each day writing reports on those players that I see. I take breaks to contribute here. TPM, don't make an issue with me then demand that the same issue not be made with you!
VANCE

What does a kid from another country have to do with this discussion --we are talking USA kids coming out of HS and making a decision--sign or not when drafted !!!

By the way you are getting the "Doggie Syndrome" of not being able to answer questions when asked--- answer TPM--be a man about it even if she might be smarter than you !!!
TR HIT. There is no hope for you in understanding the point of view. I said I agree with you. Here I'll say it again. I agree with you.

Go to college. The issue is that foreign players have a priority of playing in the big leagues. American players(for the most part) only have it as a LAST RESORT. Its all good. My issue is with the parents and player for not saying in January. "Hey scouts, I'm going to college unless (as you would say) you give me 5 million dollars. That way we scouts don't have to waste time on them all spring!

So be honest in January and not after all the work has been done for NOT!

Again, go to school. I'll scout you in college and so will everyone else.
Oh my I have to agree with Vance, we have had discussions about being HONEST from early on. Make your choices for the RIGHT reasons, not wait until you see your bonus.

And since you brought it up, latin players from other countries do make up a large portion of the baseball pro community. You don't need a MASTER'S degree to figure that out, some have no choice.
And while we are at it, less college players in MLB because they had a CHOICE later on, do I hang around or continue for more years. Many have degrees, most almost all their degrees and something to fall back on. They have less staying power. A player after HS who has already given many years, doesn't have too many other options and you know as well as I many don't take advantage of the scholarship program.
I don't get into discussing players regardless, and it shouldn't be done by a professional on this site. This site is not for scouts to give reports on players, on what they should or shouldn't have done. I think some need to take lessons from those that are in the business who come here as professionals and conduct themselves as such as are not afraid to let us know who they are. You need to take some scout etiquette lessons from Doug (bbscout). He gives good advice,some don't always agree with him, I have never heard him mention one player or been negative towards a player's options. He has said the same as you, you want to play pro ball sign, you want to go to college go to college, period. But in a much kinder and gentler parent friendly way.JMO.
You as a scout have every right to state how you feel about the draft, but should be in a helpful way, for parents to be able to help their sons decide which is best for them.
You as a scout feel that only ones who will sign for anything are what you are looking for, I would ASSUME we all understand that. But in no means let anyone feel that if their choice is of anothr option, it's wrong.
As a professional you should know better than that on all of the above.
Now back to work!
Last edited by TPM
TPM, Thanks. BUT, as I have said before. Tell the scouts up front what it is you wanta do. Don't be misleading. No where on any post have I made have I been misleading. NO, I haven't said that a player should sign for anything. thats just how you, TPM, took it. No choice is wrong at the moment. But a few years later most of us have said on at least one choice that maybe we should have done that instead of this. Don't put words in my mouth, please!

Again, if its about MONEY. GO to school. It its about trying to be a big leaguer then sign a contract.

Its a very simple choice and for all the reasons you mention. Mainly, that only a few get BIG money to sign but it is far more than the 30 players a year that you mention. But 500,000 isn't pocket change either.

Sure they don't take advantage of the scholarship program. But again THAT is their CHOICE not to use it. Its there for them to use.

In America we are so lucky that most of us have family to fall back on even as we get older. I was lucky enough to have parents that helped me and encouraged me to get my MASTERS DEGREE. They even helped by paying some of my bills and not any school bills. They were there for me. Becasue they had the means and even if they didn't they would have found a way to help me arrive at those ends.

Foreign players aren't nearly as fortunate in that regard. Hell, we go over there and setup camps with dorms and with schools and with teachers. They want a better life and playing in the big leagues can help them and their family have one.

So do we knock them having no other choice. No, but do we as Americans have to make it a last resort because we have it so good (for the most part), NO!
Last edited by Vance34
I edited my post see above.

I often wonder why, this great American business of MLB, doesn't set up dorms and camps here, for our own. Then we wouldn't have parents in a quandry about where to go seeking the best to teach our kids.

I think that is why you do get many players who do not sign out of HS.
Last edited by TPM
TPM, there set up on every corner in America. We as Americans DO educate our own. Didn't your son attend a high school?

TPM, maybe you should take a trip to the Dominican and you will see!

quote:
I think that is why you do get many players who do not sign out of HS.

No it's not! They already have the best of everything and didn't even have to work for it to boot!
Last edited by Vance34
I wasn't going to weigh in on this subject because I don't think there's an absolute answer one way or another but I thought about Vance's theoretical question if ALL bonuses were the same regardless of draft round would players opt to sign rather than go to college? I have to say I believe just the opposite would
occur. If I have the opportunity to get 3 years of college under my belt and play baseball at the same time
and probably(more than likely) become a better ballplayer, it would be a no-brainer. At the end of those 3 years I'm still going to get the same bonus as I would've from HS. Why would I NOT go to college if I felt the college education and experience were important? I actually think THIS is what would happen--Those players who don't have a burning desire to go to college would immediately sign and those who DO have the desire for college would attend school. It would certainly weed out players from college teams who are only going to enhance their Pro value. Now that I think about it, I think that would be a great idea--all the guys
in rookie ball would have the same goal and all the college guys the same as well--just maybe a little side trip to experience a little more before turning Pro. Smile

Am I off-base on this?
If you are talking about educating for baseball in HS, I don't think most will agree with you. Baseball in HS is an EXTRA curricular activity.

Many familie here in America DO nOT have options to prepare their sons for baseball. You don't have to spend a fortune, but you cannot rely on HS. That is the reason why so many go to college, some to prepare better for a chance to play at a higher level. There is nothing wrong with that.

The point here, lost a long time ago, is to work hard in school on and off the field. I know many players who didn't get a second look out of HS, who got drafted after 3 years in college. They grew, tehy matured, and they had great instruction (yes you can get great instruction in college) Many choose that reason over going pro out of HS and it is not a bad choice.
I would say before the draft, I felt different about things than I do now. It WAS about the money, no we couldn't see him giving up his opportunity working with the coaches at Clemson for what anyone was offering. But son had a great situation, a win win sort of thing. He couldn't lose, and if it meant not going beyond college ball, so be it. And if he gets offered less next time around, so be it. Doesn't mean he won't have a shot. Doesn't mean he DOES NOT want to make it his profession. In his case I think it worked out well, he has had a great time, and being prepared for the next level. It's not that way for everyone, I know that. But just an example of how important your GPA will become later on for options.

Moc,
I agree with you.
Last edited by TPM
quote:
As usual TR HIT your clueless. I have a masters degree.

quote:
It is a decision for each individual but I know where I would go---$1 million doesnt last long after taxes

Do you really know how dumb that statement is?

You can always go to college (its free, the club will pay for it) and if you hire someone to invest your money it will last many many years. However if you wanta give it away to every party stop and every family member you know then of course not.

And on top of that. Tell me where you can get a million dollar bonus before taxes with a graduate degree? There is no such thing.

The right and wrong answer is this, IF ITS ABOUT MONEY GO TO SCHOOL. IF ITS ABOUT TRYING TO BECOME A MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYER SIGN A PRO CONTRACT.

I agree with some of what you say, but not all. If education is your number one priority, then go to college. If baseball is your number one priority, then sign. When I say this, I am assuming that you are a player that is wanted by pro ball out of high school.

A million dollars is a pipe dream.....about 35 guys in the whole world get that much to sign each year. as far as the college scholarship plan goes, if you are a good prospect, you won't be going to college in the fall any time soon. You will be in Instructional league as a new player and later on in a winter league and that is why I said what I said in my second sentence.
quote:
If education is your number one priority, then go to college. If baseball is your number one priority, then sign

I said something different? No I didn't.

If its about the money, GO TO SCHOOL. IF its about trying to become a ML player then sign the contract. When its about the money the Priority is the money and going to school its not about being a ML player.
TPM, whats great about pro baseball is that a scout will like you based on projectable potential when your in high school because you can still be a good distance from reaching your overall ceiling. So it doesn't matter that you didn't produce to your potential in high school. Something your familiar with! So when you go to college and still don't perform to that projectable potential and you are now 3-4 years closer to your ceiling and many times have reached it by then. You now become a Senior draft and a roster filler if you get lucky!
quote:
quote:
If education is your number one priority, then go to college. If baseball is your number one priority, then sign

I said something different? No I didn't.

If its about the money, GO TO SCHOOL. IF its about trying to become a ML player then sign the contract. When its about the money the Priority is the money and going to school its not about being a ML player.

You sure did say something different and it is right here in black ink.
Just got in from GCL game, Dodgers vs Marlins.
BBscout, if there are any players in Nationals GCL camp you would like for me to update you on, it will be an honor, sir.

I have refrained from getting involved too much in this thread but just let me say this, if a player, out of HS, can think about nothing but the money opposed to the opportunity, I have a hard time promoting him anyway. Just last night, Paul M. and I had a long phone conversation and discussed the reality of the professional aspects of the "Money Game" filtering down to the amateur level. This is sad but true and an investment will bring what the market will bear and fortunately for the very few, those top 35 picks every year get the "Pipe Dream" leaving the rest of each team's slot money budget allowance kinda skewed for the rest of the draft selections. There are exceptions to the rule because of signability issues and other factors as in draft picks not signing giving others further down the line an opportunity to get a little and sometimes even a lot more! I say, good for them! If Chris Huseby can get 1.25Million as a 11th round pick, God Bless him! Good for him. Smile I guess I'm kinda double talking in the sense of the money involved and do not mean to come across as against the system because just like anything else in life, you have to roll with it and accept or reject it and not be double-minded. I accept the system as it is personally and know that the golden days of "When It Was A Game" will never be again for those of us living in today Smile. Shep's .02
Last edited by Shepster
bbscout,
Thank you for making things easy to understand.

Vance,
Thanks for scouting lesson 101, I think most of us here realize that. It has been discussed over and over on several threads. Players take chances of losing their future potential in college, I think many are aware. Which amazes me because many who know that still go onto college, knowing the chances. That's why many have ADVISORS.

Shep,
You don't think that Huseby getting drafted in the 14th and getting a nice bonus just "happened". I am assuming maybe this was a possible deal done in advance, because they didn't pick in every round and waiting until the 14th allowed them to give him a larger bonus. I think we know that too, but thanks for putting that in there!

Vance,
We know what bbscout does and who he works for, we know what Shep does, what about you?
Jeff, If a kid wants to go to school, money is not any big deal to him.......education is number one to him and baseball is a reward that he gets in the form of a scholarship and a chance to play ball at the college level.

What Vance said is in black and white. He said if it is about the money, go to college. That is not even close to what I said. If it is about the money, you won't make it anyway.

I am not talking about about the 35-40 guys who get a million.
quote:
Originally posted by swingbuilder:
Hey Tiger Mom. I know for a fact that you know all about agentts and advisors. How many have you had? Find one that see's it like you yet?

Vance is right on in my opinion and so is Doug and Shep!

I don't have ONE, but thanks for the inquiry.

And your 6th post here was WAY out of line. Another professional pro scout!
Last edited by TPM
Please bear with me on this Subject, and I will try to express
my thought' as clearly as possible.

I've been reading the post's hear on HSBBW, for awile now.
And most everybody has said get an Education before you go Pro, So you have something to fall back on. In case you get Injured are just can't make it to the next Level.
Now I understand the Scout's point of View. As far as being a Top Pick. Take the Money go to school Later.

But would it be a Bad Thing in the Scout's Eye's If said Player was a DNF, And choose to Go to a D1 after being Drafted.
What Guarentee does the Player Have that the Club that Drafted him will sign him to a reasonable contract, After just 1 year at JUCO.
Now Maybe said Player does want to play Pro ball and Money has nothing to do with it.
But the Offer of D1, Was to good to pass up.
And said Player feel's they would be better prepared for the Grind of the Minor League's if they had a couple of year's to Mature.
I'm just trying to See what the Scout's think on this Subject.
I know it's your Lively Hood and I don't blame you for wanting to sign quality player's, that you project out of HS.
Does it hurt the DNF player to opt for a Couple of year's of seasoning in the college rank's.
Would it not be better for the Pro Organization to have a seasoned player, which is Phsyically, and Mentally tougher. EH

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.