Skip to main content

Lake Park 13
Neuqua Valley 10

LP gives up 7 runs in the first two innings on many errors. Goes down 10-2 going into the 6th. Took advantage of a few errors and scored 8 in the 6th. Matt Kaiser hits 3 HR's on the day for 6 RBI's. Artie Monaco goes 4 for 5 with 3 doubles, Dave Dial hits a 2 run HR. Peter Spear comes in the game in relief to throw three scoreless innings for the win. Exciting game. Not well played on either side but for the fans it had to be fun to watch.

LP 6-0
Stevenson 10 Naperville Central 4

Stevenson rebounded from a Friday night loss to conference rival Libertyville by stunning the Redhawks this afternoon at home. The Patriots,surprisingly, pounded the ball all game against NCHS pitching. Tyler Radtke had some just filthy stuff that tied up the Red Hawk hitters for the final four innings...NCHS had their oppurtunities, they just got beat by a better team today. NCHS has a very talented team though and they will be right back in the thick of things soon enough.
Lake Park 19
Hoffman Estates 3

Brian Konecke 3IP 2 H 7K
Kaiser, Monaco, and Rapshus 3 RBI each
Madaj and Ostrowski with 3 hits each

Game Two
Lake Park 4
Hoffman Estates 5

LP ran out of gas in the second game. Trevor Koehn takes the loss in relief. We left too many runners in scoring position. Credit HE for coming back and playing a great game in game two.

Lake Park 7-1 to start the season.
quote:
Originally posted by bama1957:

Stevenson rebounded from a Friday night loss to conference rival Libertyville by stunning the Redhawks this afternoon at home. The Patriots,surprisingly, pounded the ball all game against NCHS pitching. Tyler Radtke had some just filthy stuff that tied up the Red Hawk hitters for the final four innings...NCHS had their oppurtunities, they just got beat by a better team today. NCHS has a very talented team though and they will be right back in the thick of things soon enough.

I have to put the link to the Chicago Tribune article that names Central as the number one team despite this loss. I won't comment except to say that there were a whole lot of us at the game on Saturday that were hoping that Seiple would grab one of those "other guys" to pitch that game for Central. One of those "other guys" pitched last night in Central's 12-0 win against West Aurora in 5 innings.

No one knows who would have won the game on Saturday if one of the "other guys" had pitched, but at least it would have been a competitive game.

Here is the link.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...0412,0,2069223.story
quote:
Originally posted by NCHS Redhawk:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bama1957:

I have to put the link to the Chicago Tribune article that names Central as the number one team despite this loss. I won't comment except to say that there were a whole lot of us at the game on Saturday that were hoping that Seiple would grab one of those "other guys" to pitch that game for Central. One of those "other guys" pitched last night in Central's 12-0 win against West Aurora in 5 innings.

No one knows who would have won the game on Saturday if one of the "other guys" had pitched, but at least it would have been a competitive game.

[QUOTE]

shoulda
woulda
coulda
quote:
Originally posted by Used to Hit 300:
quote:
Originally posted by gotwood4sale:

He can rake? Well then I know what's in his future...

Simply amazing, Wood. Waaaay too much free time.

Simply amazing? Waaay too much free time? If you could tell me a way to avoid "gotwoods" post I would. 98% useless information and a waste of internet space.

To my admirer, BBfun. There is an ignore feature on this message board. It allows you to completely ignore me if you desire.

I don't know how to activate it, otherwise I would give you instructions on how to do so. Someone on here will most certainly walk you through it.

I'm hoping that this message to you is included in the 2% that you consider is worthy and you do not think it a waste of internet space.

See you at the ballpark...I'll buy you one!

BREAKING NEWS...UPDATE...BREAKING NEWS

Hey BBfun! I stumbled across the ignore feature. Here is all that you have to do BBfun to eliminate my 98% useless posts and rid me from your BBfun world...

Click on gotwood4sale on my post on the left side above my avatar. You may want to punch my name, but that could result in some damage to your monitor or damage to your punching device. I will not be responsible for such damages.

A green box will appear on your screen. If indeed you did take the punching route your screen may not be functioning at this point. For matter of discussion let's assume you merely clicked on my name rather than punched.

Listed within that green box are six options. Scroll down to the third option: Add gotwood4sale to my Ignore List.

Click, or punch if you desire, on this option.

Done! Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Last edited by gotwood4sale

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.