Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by John L:
Does anyone know the final score in the Naperville Central/ Downers North game yesterday?They were 7-7 in the 8th and I had to leave.

Thanks

In case you are still interested, that game went 12 innings with Central finally winning 10-9.

Also Central survived their first round game with Benet last night 4-3. That game wasn't supposed to be that hard, but Benet gave Central everything they could handle and then some. Central probably got a little help from the umps in the bottom of the sixth, which didn't hurt.
During the final inning of yesterday's regional final, and with Warren leading 9-2, two GBN players had themselves ejected from the game, evidently for arguing balls and strikes with the umpire. The second player, on a two-strike count with two outs, ended the game on his. I am hoping that someone who was there (I was not) will comment on this. On the surface it seems like very disrespectful behavior, not only toward the umpires but to the parents and fans as well.
I was at the game and the game was terminated after someone from the bench yelled something after the umpire had called a strike on a pitch that looked outside of the zone. After the first player was ejected, the umpire had issued a warning to the bench players and coaches that if any more comments were made the game would be over. A comment was made and the game was over just as the umpire had promised.
Thanks for the input Hop. Looks like Mercer ended both of our boy's seasons this year.. They certainly were tough. Found it unusual that Gulf Coast left the tourny early..

That was my second-oldest on the bump when the GBN players were ejected yesterday. From what I have heard, there was quite a bit of yelling going on at that game. Do you have another boy at GBN?
quote:
Originally posted by biggerpapi:
quote:
Originally posted by wd50:
1A Super Sectional- Lisle

Westminster Christian(Elgin) 2 Marquette (Ottawa) 0

Great game-very exciting and well played by both teams.
Two pitchers for WCS threw a combined no-hitter agaist a very good Marquette team.

WCS vs Lebanon on Friday in Final Four matchup.

You beat me to it! Westminster is a very good team and we wish them well in Joliet. Tonight, we ran into the two best pitchers we've seen all season.

But, Marquette ended up 31-7 with a 26 game winning streak that was just stopped. We lose some very nice seniors, a couple will be playing basketball in college, one will play football and I think a couple will play baseball once things shake out this summer.

We're very proud of what this bunch did this season.

What does marquette bring back to the table next year?
quote:
Originally posted by wd50:
1A Super Sectional- Lisle

Westminster Christian(Elgin) 2 Marquette (Ottawa) 0

Great game-very exciting and well played by both teams.
Two pitchers for WCS threw a combined no-hitter against a very good Marquette team.

WCS vs Lebanon on Friday in Final Four matchup.

Did Westminister throw Ryan Perez? He throws from both sides.
Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock) beat St. Viator Wed. night 7-6 in 10 innings in perhaps the best high school game I have seen. Karl Steiger hit a two out double with the bases full to score two in the bottom of the tenth to overcome a 6-5 deficit. Tremendous victory over a talented St. Viator team!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.