Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My Prediction for District 9-4A is:
1. Sherman - Appears to have the most returning talent.
2. McKinney - Best Pitching in the District - The Three L's (Lee, Lipka, Levins) are solid. Not much else.
3. McKinney North - Going to be s****** and tough to beat as always.
4. Centennial - Very young & inexperienced. Lost their best player for the entire season - Mossakowski
5. Frisco - May surprise a few and will be strong fundamentally.
6. Frisco Liberty - ??
7. Frisco Wakeland - ??
8. Dennison - ??
LHP,

I too have heard some good things about Wakeland and agree that they may be a good sleeper pick for one of the top 4 playoff spots in District 9-4A. It was just that I do not know much about the Wakeland, Liberty and Dennison Teams but would be interested in hearing from folks that have some insight. It sure seems to me that this is a down year for District 9-4A but am looking forward to the coming Season just the same. Only 35 Days till our first scrimmage game!
OP,

I agree that North will likely be competing for the 2009 9-4A District Championship as always however I do think they will fall behind McKinney and Sherman this year. North will once again have solid pitching however as I told Nico last night it will be nice not having to face North with either him or Matt in the line-up. Of course since North lost Nico Taylor 6'5" and Matt Lackie 6'4", North may be fielding the shortest line-up in District 9-4A. But those munchkins will play solid small ball with above average defense so McKinney and Sherman better not take them lightly or the #6th consecutive district championship just might wind up with the Bulldogs once again!
Last edited by Badman
Badman,

You are so right about North having a very small team. Most of the team is anywhere from 5'6"-5'10". They know how to play the game though and I'll put Jim Gatewood up against anybody from a coaching standpoint, so they'll definitely be S C R A P P Y.

Let's don't forget that McKinney has shared the district crown with North the last 2 years. With the talent they have in Lee and Lipka alone, they will be the team to beat in my opinion. They are 2 of the top 20 players in the country for their age group. They will be a force to be reckoned with without a doubt.

I know nothing about Sherman. I know when Danny Florence was the head guy there, they were extremely competitive year after year, so I doubt much has changed.

North scrimmaged Frisco Wakeland before the playoffs started. We thumped them pretty good, but they were very solid and didn't lose much from what I can remember.

Too bad Boyd had to move up to 5A. They made things in McKinney much more interesting from a baseball standpoint.

It should be fun.

Louisiana Lafayette opens the season with a 4 game series against the Nebraska Cornhuskers in Louisiana on February 20th. That's what I'm really looking forward to right now though!!

Good luck to everyone!
Last edited by Old Pitcher
Robert,

Thankfully you and OP have supplied some input to the 9-4A Thread, otherwise this thing might have died. I am not sure why we are not seeing any inputs from parents that do still have boys playing in this District. It has been very quiet so far and I am kind of disappointed that we have not seen more inputs but hopefully it will increase as tryouts are just around the corner.
I think our boys names are on some lists there that still give us some rights......................

And, I have a senior nephew at North that I will be following.

McKinney, Sherman, Denison, & and Frisco all rich in traditions from long ago just watered down a little from a community perspective now with the increase in high schools.

And, now there are great inter city high school rivalries.

Both of my boys have played for Price and Gatewood, and I know they'll have a solid teams.

It won't be long before two of the district teams will be bucking up against Poteet with their shirts off and Highland Park and their newspapers in the playoffs.

Bless their hearts, that ought to get it going...........

Now, OP has an opening series with Nebraska to look forward.

Fun, ain't it?
Last edited by FormerObserver
I went up to the frisco Plano west scrimmage to watch the defending state champs and frisco surprised me. Blum and hubert both threw and hubert got taken out early. I think frisco might have actually won. With Scott cook coaching and strong seniors like gray and cook both hitting well. Also they have drew dyer and a sophmore coming in, I think Tyler sibley's little brother both who hit multiple extra base hits against west. I think frisco should be in the coversation, what do you think?
Ryan Adams should be great defensively in the outfield for the Raccoons. Also, Chris Cordova could be a pitcher to watch out for come districts. If he matures and learns to pitch at the varsity level he has great command and should surprise some teams. Brock Corum should be the starting shortstop and he should be a consistent hotter as well. Those three players are all juniors with this being their first year on varsity with the exception of Corum. The returning varsity players from last year are Gavin Gray, Austin Cook, Drew Dyer, Brandon Mitchell and Brantley Carroll. Tony Girard and Brock Corum were partial varsity players last year as well.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.