Skip to main content

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 7-2 PO:
When was the last time North lost three in a row at home? When was the last time MHS swept North in district? When was the last time North lost to MHS at home?
----------------------------------------------------
And.....When was the last time North didn't have Bolsinger, Appleby or Lackey facing MHS???????
quote:
Originally posted by Robert S.:
When was the last time North lost three in a row at home? When was the last time MHS swept North in district? When was the last time North lost to MHS at home?
And.....When was the last time North didn't have Bolsinger, Appleby or Lackey facing MHS???????

North can never be counted out with the likes of Paris Jr. College signee Scharf and Ladd pitching.
quote:
Originally posted by 7-2 PO:
quote:
Originally posted by Robert S.:

Robert,

I didn't ask the question to antagonize.

Let me ask you the question this way, and maybe you can provide the answer. Did North ever lose three in a row at home, been swept in district by MHS, or lost at home to MHS before Bolsinger, Appleby or Lackey played with North?

----------------------------------------------------Sorry, not ducking the question, just been away from the computer. The answer is no, there was no North before those guys. North has only been around about 7 years.

Also, I'll be away from here all day Thursday, watching #1 son play Kansas Weslyan in a double header in Salina. WinkSee you Friday, here's to good weather.
Last edited by Robert S.
quote:
Originally posted by Outsider:
There was a North prior to those guys. That was when MHS was 5A, North was 4A. They won their district by going undefeated. Pitchers were Laster, Torre, and Gunter. Lost in the 3rd round to HP and Kershaw.

That is correct, but his original question was concerning a sweep of MHS over North. To sweep, one must play twice, like in district.The year North played in the Sherman/Denison district and MHS was 5A they didn't play twice.
Hewhoisashamedtousehisrealname,
I would like to clearify my point. If you read this thread, it was about MHS's chance to sweep North. Because it has never happened, doesn't mean it couldn't. My argument was, because of how good North's pitching has been in the past, MHS has never swept North. Or even beaten them at North, ever. Not to take anything away from Ladd or Scharf, but at this stage of their HS careers, niether one is a Bolsinger, Appleby or Lackey. No doubt North has had the better of it to this point, but that is not what started this banter.
Me a pot stirrer....never. Just an observationist. I don't blame the Lions for wanting to live in the now, the past has definitely been regrettable. As I mentioned, I just find it amusing from the "new" MHS parents( meaning those that don't have a long past with MHS)who in the recent past have found it difficult to swallow the dominance at the hands of the Bulldogs. Displaying signs and t-shirts such as the original or only school in McKinney. The funny thing is that from the 2008 North team, there were at last count 13-14 parents who were MHS graduates. Not sure if there were any MHS graduates counted among the "new" Blue and Gold throng.Lots of blue and gold blood shed from the North fans.
9-4A
School Name District Season
Sherman 8-2 21-3-1
McKinney 8-2 13-8
Frisco Wakeland 7-3 15-5
McKinney North 6-4 12-6
Frisco Centennial 6-4 13-8
Frisco Liberty 3-7 9-12
Frisco 2-8 7-16
Denison 0-10 3-12-1

And I don't blame you for bringing up the past, as you can see above, without a couple of wins it might be 5th place and calling to get a T-time.
Last edited by Robert S.
My point was that North fans( again from my observation) accept what happens. There was nothing in what I said that was meant to be a dig at the Blue and Gold. They all wish the Lions well in every game of the season except 2. I don't think there is reciprocity from the other side. The outward appearance from that side is that they would like to see the demise of North (and Boyd for that matter) in all games and all sports. I have never understood that feeling of entitlement. Again, I may be wrong. Just an observation.
If you look at your own posts, it appears there is always a sense antagonism among them. Just finally someone here trying to calm you down. Good luck to both teams tonight(weather permitting).
You really don't need to calm me down. I don't have a dog in the fight any longer, at least not until football starts. So I can get on here and stir it all I want, my wife doesn't read this now. Wink

It is also much easier on game day, I sleep fine after a loss now.

As far as rooting against North, ya, I think that goes on. But it probably has a lot to do with North's 2 or 3 year run of success in all sports over MHS and Boyd. That and of corse, the FREAKING horns. Mad
Last edited by Robert S.
quote:
I don't blame the Lions for wanting to live in the now, the past has definitely been regrettable. As I mentioned, I just find it amusing from the "new" MHS parents( meaning those that don't have a long past with MHS)who in the recent past have found it difficult to swallow the dominance at the hands of the Bulldogs. Displaying signs and t-shirts such as the original or only school in McKinney. The funny thing is that from the 2008 North team, there were at last count 13-14 parents who were MHS graduates. Not sure if there were any MHS graduates counted among the "new" Blue and Gold throng.Lots of blue and gold blood shed from the North fans.

I am not sure what you are trying to say there hewhoknowscrap. I think you need to re-think what dominance means. I would not call MHS and MNHS being co-district champs and splitting series in '07 and '08 dominance. North has a great program with great coaching and great players. (They both have the same results in playoffs the past two years as well)

I for one can tell you that I think a good cross-town rivalry make the competition even better. Why should MHS like North? (Do you need a hug?) Dominance or not North is the other McKinney team in our district and we want to beat you. (That is how is should be)
Once again... RS reiterates my point about the Lion faithful in general. He has to go above and beyond and point out "one upmanship". On the other hand, I have seen, heard, and been witness to the desire ampng North fans for the Lions to do well. That feelinf is not reciprocal. You, Lionpop, are exactly correct as you should be. You should hope that the Lions finish 1st as the Dog fans feel they should finish first. But most Lion fans don't want to see the Bulldogs finish 2nd. They would like them down in the pask somewhere. That feeling is what I don't understand. I assure you no one needs a hug from our side. As I said earlier, we accept things as they are and we take our hats off to the Lions for gaining the upper hand this year. Also Lionpop, I never mentioned anything about dominance. I was referring to the conrinuity of success experienced by the dawgs over the last 5 yrs. That CANNOT be denied. And you are absolutely correct, it is a tribute to the coaches and players they have had over the years. I think this year is no exception. I challenge anyone to disagree with me on the fact that the 2009 Bulldogs have actually overachieved so far this year based upon what thet had coming back. They had MIGHTY shoes to fill. And I think the players that have stepped in have filled them beyond many peoples' expectations. To top it off, their destiny is still in their hands. They still have a chance to qualify for their 6th playoff appearance in a row. Not many teams around can say that in any classification.
pardon all the typos. I didn't have my glasses on when i was typing my reply. Also, 1 other clarification. When I used the term dominance, i didn't mean domination of the Lions. As you said Lionpop, it has been pretty evenly split the last 2 years. Although, the Dogs have had the good fortune of obtaining the 1s seed in district both of those years by winning the "seeding" game. I was referring to a dominance( maybe consistency would be a better choice) of dstrict titles. 5 in a row cannot be denied and a total of 10 distruct losses in those 5 yrs. I'll put those up against anyone in the state. If MHS goes on that same kind of run, my hat will be off to them. Will that feeling be mutual? I can live with the answer.
hewhoknows - Maybe I don't hear what you are hearing but I have been going to McKinney baseball games since '97 and I don't get the same feeling about MHS not wanting North to do good. As I said earlier, North has a great program and the way I see it is the McKinney players and coaches look to the North game/games as measuring stick for how good they are.

If MHS and MNHS are tied for first in the district, you bet MHS fans and players are hoping someone knocks North off. (You are crazy if you don't think the same goes for North) As far as just out-right hoping North does bad, I can honestly say I have never heard that.

As recent as 3 years ago there were players on North team that played at MHS as freshman. Many of the kids from MHS/MNHS play or have played with each other in summer ball and because of this a lot of parents know each other as well.

I guess my only point or disagreement with your assessment is that I don't believe the majority of MHS players/fans feel the way you describe. (At least not from my perspective)

RobertS, if you get a bye in the first round then go two series in would that not be the 3rd round deep?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.