Paws
Justbaseball - #24 (2,3) Backwards K, 1 out
itsinthegame - #12 (1,5) check swing pop up to pitcher, 2 out
catcher09- #17 (6,3) single to rf, catcher09 on first 2 out
jmePop #43 (3,5) ground ball to ss, force out at second unassisted. 3 outs

Keyboards
GotWood – 365 (1,6) fly ball to CF, 1 out
catcherdad – 6 (5,4) single to LF, catcherdad at first, 1 out
CoachB – 25 (2,2) double to LF, catchersdad trips over 3rd base and has to stay. CoachB at second, catchersdad at third. 1 out
(trainer comes on field to check injury of catcherdad….Orlando comes out with trainer….catcherdad ok but face looks a bit red.)
RHP – 27 (6,2) k 2 out
AK – 13 (2,2) double off rf, catchersdad and coachB scores, 2 RBI, AK on second 2 out
JT – 7 (1,3) high pop up to catcher, 3 out.
PPP TEAM! Wow, keep it going! Must be the purple juice!

Way to go, just got to find a way to score, but things are looking good!

jme,
Try not to get too picky when commish makes an error, don't want to get a rep for one of those kind of teams. We can address it to MN Mom, she's supposed to handle those things. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by FrankF:
Like the saying goes, "speak softly and carry a big bodybat. Razz

Leave it to an Ivy Leaguer to pull the sweater off his shoulders, take the penny out his loafers, and hit a bomb.

Those bad knees and bum shoulder make this look like a Kirk Gibson re-enactment.
Last edited by rz1
quote:
Originally posted by rz1:
quote:
Watch it JT - remember I'm calling the pitches

Sounds like taunting to me. Take that equipment off and you would never talk to JT (the Animal) like that.

Come to think about it, I know some guys up in Lynchburg - they grow them big up there dont they. JT, what kind of pitch would you like next time up.
Tim McCarver: Good rain delay reading:

"This is the first time in major league history, except for the strike season, included, where there was no 20-game winner" - McCarver apparently thinking that the shortened season would yield more wins than normal. -Evan Rakowski (Game 1 2006 ALDS)

During Game 5 of the 2006 NLCS, on a pitch to Jose Reyes, McCarver says, “That pitch wasn’t down and in, that pitch was down and up.” Too bad you can't go up and down at the same time.

"If Oliver Perez throws in the succeeding innings like he did in the first, you might not need the bullpen early."

"Well, David Eckstein, like most of us, has 20 digits. Ten fingers. Ten toes."

"Something to keep in mind -- it's raining lightly. The infield could be very wet on ground balls."

"On most teams the set up man has become more valuable, on others not so valuable."

“So by guessing right you might have guessed wrong.” - NLCS Game 6, 10/18/06,

2004 ALCS, Game 5? Red Sox vs. Yankees . David Ortiz hit a home run into right field. Tim: "Mt. Everest erupts again!".....too bad Mt. Everest isn't a volcano!

August 19, 2006 Yankees @ Red Sox. "Pitching is such a vital part of the game, as far as winning is concerned"

More
Catcher09, I'll be the one laughing next time up. Those McCarverisms are PRICELESS.

Anyhow, during the delay I took my bat to be blessed by my university's chancellor--Jerry FALWELL (yes, THAT Jerry Falwell). Of course, he gave me a good stern talking to about not being CONSERVATIVE enough at the plate, and wants me to not be concerned with the LIBERAL strike zone. Next time up, I'll be looking to smash one to the RIGHT side.
Fifth Inning

Paws
FloridaHokie #18 (3,1) line drive to ss. 1 out
LadyNmom #14 (5,4) seeing eye single in the 5/6 hole, LadyNmom on 1st 1 out
Cleveland Dad #16 (6,1) K 2 out
Beezer #23 (3,1) K 3 outs

Keyboards
0209Mom – 19 (5,5) Walk, 0209Mom works an 0-2 count to a walk, 0209Mom on 1st 0 out
DD – 5 (6,2) bunt attempt unsuccessful, pop up to pitcher, 0209Mom gets back to 1st. 1 out
StillLearning – 15 (6-5) ground to SS, 0209Mom comes cleats high and breaks up double play, FC StillLearning on 1st. 2 out
(there seems to be a ruckus going on between 0209Mom and the SS….oh no….2nd base ump is getting between SS and 0209Mom, a lot of talking…..SS left calf is bleeding….ok things are calming down a bit…0209Mom is walking back to the dugout)
DB2B – 1 up to bat…..
Home plate ump is walking over to the Keyboards dugout, pointing at 0209Mom…it looks like…. Yes…with a quick thumb jerk 0209Mom has been kicked out of the game…..I’m guessing the 0209Mom has used a magic work…that magic word is working….cause she has been removed from the game. We will have to see who the Keyboards put in to replace 0209Mom.
DB2B – 1 back in the box (2-4) ground out to SS…3 outs
Last edited by Bullwinkle
0204(9) got tossed for saying the magic word? How can you get tossed for saying "abracadabra"? What, have we got Angel Hernandez out there caling 2B? Well, I do admire her fire; I keep telling you guys not to mess with The Moms.

More deep, cleansing breaths, Keyboards. Practice some Yogi tonight so that tomorrow we not only will be more relaxed and flexible in order to play better ball, but we will be more successful mangling the English language and coming up with some quotes for the ages.

Speaking of quotes for the ages, catcher09, there must be something about ex-Cardinal catchers. But somehow when McCarver says those things nationally it aggravates the bejaysus out of me, but when Mike Shannon does it on the Cards' radio broadcasts, it's charming. Ah, one of life's great conundrums..... Big Grin
Wheeeeew,..i-n-t-e-n-s-e man,....pass down the purple juice dudes/dudettes. ( gulp gulp gulp ) Anyone got a bandaide? Tourniquet?

We gotta keep the pace fellow PPP's. Positive attitude is a biig plus!!

Pssst,..just between you and me, I wasnt really mad at 0204mom,..just a little irritated as she made some snyde comment about my lima-bean casserole and something to the effect that hers was waaaaay better than mine. Like whatever,..as if that could even be possible! Humpf! I think I mighta even heard a bit of a diss about our unis and color cordinated banner. The gall?!!!

2nd base umpire came over to put in his two cents into our conversation. After a few promises, ( made by yours truely ) , of a private one on one lima bean casserole taste testing behind the bleachers after the game,
( wink-wink,...theres no limit to what a girl will say to win!! ) he decided that my casserole was indeed worth a try. He then, in her best interest of course, sent 0204mom back to her kitchen to invent a casserole of her own.

Bet it looked like she tried to cleat me from the dugout huh? Nahhh,...we were just demonstrating how to properly scew a pork tenderloin onto a bbq fork before putting it on the grill. The blood dripping from my calf was simply for effect, playing the part of the bbq sauce.

Hey FO,...when you are done at the porta potty,....think ya might swing by behind the bleachers,...I uhhhhhh, may need some support when the 2nd base ref calls in my offer. Dont think I should go there alone. Think I'll ask Beezer tooo!! Heck,..I'll take anyone who is willing to come with me!!!
( eeeek! )

P.S. Moose Heiness,..er uh, King of the Forrest,
did I ever say thank you for letting me play?? Well I am now.
I'm havin' a blast!!!!
Last edited by shortstopmom
I got another hit! Did it while I was at the Doctor's office too....I also got 4 more weeks of therapy tacked on to the 2 I have left....think it was that slide into 3rd....

I'm thinking after this game I can prove, and end years of debate with my husband, that son's offensive abilities come from my genes....as do all his positive attributes Smile! (JT...if you know what's good for you....you'll leave that one alone....)
I knew taking Frank on was going to work for us.

Paws,
Great work today, I am sooo proud of you paws.
Great scouting reports on everyone!

JBB, just keep it low, let your defense do the work! Smile

Lady,
Amazing you can hit and be someplace else at the same time! Eek You also are a pitcher ( I think), now you are a two way player!

Paws players, keep your cool, you don't want to get tossed. I feel badly for Orlando, trying to keep that rowdy bunch quiet. But she's a good coach, she stood up for her player (even though she told me she was ready to ring 0204's neck).

Show your professionalism at ALL times. Just to let you know, heard a rumor that Keyboards might have some recruiting violations. No wonder they are so defensive!

20Dad in for replacement player?

I hope MNmom is keeping her eye out for MVP! Wink

THINK PURPLE!
Last edited by TPM
Wow, Frank and AK, You Da Man(s)!!! Way to swing it!
clapping

Hopefully tomorrow the Moms will Be Da Man(s)!

TPM,

"We can address it to MN Mom, she's supposed to handle those things."

No way, I am very much outranked here! The Esteemed Commish, King Of The Forest, has given me my housekeeping assignment - something about cleaning the dugouts after the game? Eeee-yoooo!!!
JT....don't....ever....mention....the....DD....name. Or I'll go all Juaquin Andujar!

Of course I don't want to wring 0204's neck, particularly in light of ssmom's confessions. (Lima bean casserole? Is that what they're calling meeting behind the bleachers these days, nudge-nudge, wink-wink, say no more, say no more). Not exactly the threatened Kenny move, but in the same, shall we say, vein.

Well, if that's the Name of the Game...... Cool
Shoot,..guess next time I better use our teams
secret hand signals when confessin!
Would someone palllease take the microphone away from my mouth!!!

quote:
JT's leash is a bit too long, pull it in and put on a muzzle, will ya? Better yet, tape up his fingers!

Heeey,..I did my best this afternoon to get him to concede to a truce handshake,...but he didnt take the bait. Dogonit!! Instead he signed his wife up in the Womans Only Forum with the promise of quilting tips. Hmmm perhaps a tactical sly move on his part. (???) Not sure,....we'll have to see. So far,..she's been pretty cool.

Coach TPMom,...with regards to the limabean casserole at the tailgate,..YOU BETCHA!! Double batch comin' up! ( wink-wink! Lets just keep pretendin' no one heard my confession, ok? Gotta keep it on the down low,..shhhhhh. )

LadyNmom,...physical therapy or not,..you ROCK!!! Now dont jinx anything. Be sure to completey repeat any and every move you did today, again tomorrow in exact sequence &
I'm gonna keep my purple pom pom blood soaked cleat laces on. They seemed to bring good luck today!
Oh and remember its left leg over right knee when were sittin on the bench. Wouldn't wanna switch it up and cause problems with ol' Mr.Luck!

Frank = Stud muffin. Whatta keeper!!!

Gonna cruise by the ER, get a few stitches,..hit the weightroom for a light workout, iron my uniform, curl my hair, and call it a night. See ya all tomorrow at warm ups.
Whatta day whatta day!!! Power to the PPP's!!!!
We shall persevere!!!

Uhhh but remember, no partying tonight guys,... lets save that for after the game. Gotta be in tip top shape for tomorrow!!
( stay outta the sun! )

Nighty night, Sleep tight!
Last edited by shortstopmom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.