Skip to main content

Heres a question to the Forney parents- do you think the 5 months your boys spent on strength training in the fall and never touched a baseball until January paid off? I mean they could go 12 innings if they had to, but the scores never been close enough to worry about it. But the fact that you could if you had to is what MATTERS, right?
PHS Fan,

Not sure where you get your info but while strength training was taking place at school the boys were playing baseball elsewhere. UIL sets the dates that dictate when after school practice can start. Sounds like someone must have been complaining about the practice philosophy of the new coach and they only had to go as far as a Poteet fan to be their "mouth-piece".
I got the information from 7 boys in the baseball class who were playing baseball elsewhere.
I apologize for the confusion, I should have been more clear- I meant the 5 months the boys spent in the fall not allowed to touch a BASEBALL in BASEBALL class. Or was playing baseball elsewhere meant to prepare them for the spring season for high school.

No complaints from any parents I talked to, only hopeful expectations for the new coach, sounds like you may be a little bitter though.

And if I wanted to be a "mouth-piece" I could have been Forney's and added this to the other excuses for the first loss in that lovely perfect game Blunt had.
quote:
Originally posted by 4NEEBBALL:
[quote]I know you follow the Jackrabbits pretty close so is there someone else on the team that could step in and play shortstop or do you think there is someone on the JV that should be playing?

XXPlayBallXX
I am not saying the current SS can't get the job done I am saying he is not. There are times you need to make a change. I followed Forney for years and as with most teams you need to have a very god athlete at ss. I have seen the coach move almost every player on the team to different positions to find the right combination...ie McEuen from 2nd to 3rd a totally new position for a returning All District 2nd baseman with good results, Eatherly from 3rd to CF which also worked. Maybe the JV ss is the answer I don't know he is supposed to be very good defensively. maybe move Eatherly back to ss or 3rd and McEuen to ss. Until Forney can turn simple double plays instead of extending innings they are in trouble against good teams. The ss is only hitting in the low 200s so offensively a move won't hurt. I am just a sideline 2nd guesser as are most fans. My son played here quite a few years ago and I just like to follow the team and I have some friends with boys playing. I would like to see a little better team on the field. maybe this is all they have?

Mr.4NEEBBALL--Your comments would lead someone to believe your son played BB so I am wondering if he EVER played a BB game that it did not meet his & your expectations? If that never happened in all of the seasons he played at Forney I am curious as to which D-1 college heavily recruited him. I am not hiding behind a made up name (SSDad#4) and would enjoy discussing Forney BB with you at a game. MAN-UP or SHUT-UP trashing individaul players
quote:
Originally posted by 4NEEBBALL:
[quote]I know you follow the Jackrabbits pretty close so is there someone else on the team that could step in and play shortstop or do you think there is someone on the JV that should be playing?

XXPlayBallXX
I am not saying the current SS can't get the job done I am saying he is not. There are times you need to make a change. I followed Forney for years and as with most teams you need to have a very god athlete at ss. I have seen the coach move almost every player on the team to different positions to find the right combination...ie McEuen from 2nd to 3rd a totally new position for a returning All District 2nd baseman with good results, Eatherly from 3rd to CF which also worked. Maybe the JV ss is the answer I don't know he is supposed to be very good defensively. maybe move Eatherly back to ss or 3rd and McEuen to ss. Until Forney can turn simple double plays instead of extending innings they are in trouble against good teams. The ss is only hitting in the low 200s so offensively a move won't hurt. I am just a sideline 2nd guesser as are most fans. My son played here quite a few years ago and I just like to follow the team and I have some friends with boys playing. I would like to see a little better team on the field. maybe this is all they have?

Mr.4NEEBBALL--Your comments would lead someone to believe your son played BB so I am wondering if he EVER played a BB game that it did not meet his & your expectations? If that never happened in all of the seasons he played at Forney I am curious as to which D-1 college heavily recruited him. I am not hiding behind a made up name (SSDad#4) and would enjoy discussing Forney BB with you at a game. MAN-UP or SHUT-UP trashing individaul players
SSDAD#4,
My comments were not meant to trash but only to state the facts of what happened and has happened several times this season. This is a "blog" where observations, discussion and very many opinions are stated. Whether you agree or disagree with what I have said the stats are there. Check on the Dallas Morning News Gametime for your self. I also said I had a son that had played in the program quite a few years ago but I never said he was more than that or a college player. I am sorry if I offended you. I hope things turn around for your son and Forney as I am a fan although it be a critical one.
Chuck_Norris;

You were right. The only thing I am confused by is that this is a 15-4A thread so most that see this were at the game or have seen the same thing. Everyone from Forney saw what happened, everyone from Poteet saw it. I guess maybe mom or dad has the red light pen from Men in Black and they use it on the spectators after errors and strikeouts.

Beast; I haven't made any of my friends mad since most are from the Coach O. era and the ss wouldn't be on the field with him at the helm.
Lol this thread keeps me entertained. My vote goes for Poteet. Who cares if the boys are loud and talk some trash its part of the game and yes from what I have seen Poteet can talk with the best. And with the whole Forney SS thing, if 4NEEBBALL thinks he isn't cutting it then that's his opinion. SSDAD#4 if you can't handle it then don't read it!!!!
dear Forney fans,
please stop arguing with each other. you're all so not-on-the-same-page. it's easy to see why we dominated you at the game last tuesday.

also, i wanted to make a quick statement about earlier "classless" comments about our boys. here's a quick FACT for you. the average scores of Lancaster against US, Forney, and RO: RO- 23-0. Forney- 25-0(they play again Tuesday night) US- 14.5
sure, we miiiight act a little mean to the big boys, but when it comes to blowout games, we're as nice as we can be.
poteetBBALLfan; Class has nothing to do with the score of the game. i do not believe any of the teams are trying to run up the score against the lesser teams. I guess score has something to do with class for you Poteet folks. That probably speaks to intelligence level as well. I can now apologize for calling you purposely classless, you lack the intelligence to know what class is.
quote:
Poteet disrespect's the opposing team, fans, themselves, and the game.

Can't you come up with something better than that. Y'all have worn that one out.

quote:
two years ago karma striked.

Yes we did get sent home. It had nothing to do with class. We got beat. But it only took about 5 days before y'all were sitting right there with us watching Waco Midway play in the next round. You were probably on that Forney team and now you spend your springs watching high school baseball and the history channel.

quote:
Don't be surprised when it happens again this year.

It may very well happen. Because no one is going to knock Heath out.
I am almost 50 years old nothing surprises me.
"Can't you come up with something better than that. Y'all have worn that one out."

Nice reply, really came back strong.

"Yes we did get sent home. It had nothing to do with class. We got beat. But it only took about 5 days before y'all were sitting right there with us watching Waco Midway play in the next round. You were probably on that Forney team and now you spend your springs watching high school baseball and the history channel."

They still got to play the game they respect for five more days than poteet. If Woodruff wouldn't have hurt his arm, would've gone to state. But enough with the would've could've bs. I'm just a fan, but i watch every move, so if you think you have the best view from that left field corner, your wrong. Smile

"It may very well happen. Because no one is going to knock Heath out.
I am almost 50 years old nothing surprises me."

They deserve to be 27-0. Poteet deserves to be 1-19. (Lancaster with exception)
quote:
If Woodruff wouldn't have hurt his arm,

Yeah and who's fault was that. Went from a top 5 round draft choice to juco after spending a season with y'all. He was y'alls only pitcher that year. If he would of had any defense at all behind him I think y'all might have went further.
Now I think it's time for your nap. Don't forget your blanky. And be sure to do your homework when you get up.

quote:
I'm just a fan, but i watch every move, so if you think you have the best view from that left field corner, your wrong. Smile

Don't need much of a view when watching y'all play. Pretty much the same ole thing everytime. Stop by and see me I'll be there for the Red Oak vs. Forney game.
Yeah and who's fault was that. Went from a top 5 round draft choice to juco after spending a season with y'all. He was y'alls only pitcher that year. If he would of had any defense at all behind him I think y'all might have went further.
Now I think it's time for your nap. Don't forget your blanky. And be sure to do your homework when you get up.

The reason he became such a high prospect was because of the coach, now he's going to OSU. doesn't sound like a very bad turn out to me.
Considering Thompson had a better year than all of them, i would say they had 3 of the best pitchers in the area.
quote:
The reason he became such a high prospect was because of the coach,

Wrong again. It was because of who he played for during the summer before.

quote:
now he's going to OSU.

That's awesome. I really liked that kid. He was the only one on that team besides Mc Cuen that had some fight in him.

quote:
Considering Thompson had a better year than all of them, i would say they had 3 of the best pitchers in the area.

Don't remember the Thompson kid. Where did he go? If you had three quality arms that year then how come Woodruff was throwing 300 pitches a week?

Hey I think it's time for your juice box and cookie.
Last edited by The Beast
well, big games get intense, so everyone is a little more lenient on class in those.
and...have you never been on a team that won by a LOT of points in anything??? the score DOES have to do with class. running it up just makes you look like an idiot, even if it is your backups. you might say even moreso it makes you look bad because your BENCH is running it up. we had all of our backups in just like yall might have. our boys were stepping on the plate just to get out..
Give Lancaster a little credit- yes they have lost every game and badly. But they have a beautiful facility, a Coach that wants to to teach the boys, players are actually improving, and kids that have a good attitude. No one has complained they lost without class, flipped off any other players, or used the surface, pitching or wind issues as a reason for losing. The rest of us could very well learn something from these guys.
Hey y'all we have two more games before we play Red Oak. We have to get by these teams first. Don't count your chickens before the eggs are hatched.
My sources in Ellis county are telling me that somebody is flying Jerry Springer in to throw out the first pitch and He is sticking around to do some filming for his new show. Also Larry the Cable Guy will be singing the National Anthem.

4NEEBBALL don't worry I'll get both of their autographs for you. Wink
Last edited by The Beast
quote:
Originally posted by Maverick0714:
OK... not really knowing anyone from Forney or Poteet... do they play again during district. Sorry... too lazy to go back through all the posts to see.

If so... I'm definately coming out to watch... not the ball game but the fans and parents... I doubt the game would be half as exciting...

Go to the Poteet vs Red Oak game on the 23rd it should be even better!!!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.