Skip to main content

Thanks Ryanrod23 and bsbl247. That picture of Connor was taken in his first college appearance against top ranked UVA in Charlottesville. Let's say, he was just a little nervous. Wink

TMM_Dad,

Sweet picture from the archives. Tim will always be THE GUY that put the Richmond Braves on the map! Best of luck to him the rest of the minor leavgue season.
Last edited by fenwaysouth
Thanks Swampboy, we are just getting started in this process and it is a bit overwhelming. He was at a tournament last summer (after freshman year) that had an individual workout piece with college coaches present. he did well and is getting lots of emails about coming to their camps. so I thought I should find websites that dealt with recruiting so he and I can be better informed on what to do and what not to do
I for one have really enjoyed and appreciated HSBW. I was pretty much thrust into the whole College Recruitment thing early and found this site a tremendous place for real information concerning schools, recruiting, showcases and more. I love seeing the stories of all the kids reaching for their dreams. Thanks to the HSBW staff for all they do and best of luck to all the kids and parents!

My son:

Lucas Giolito
Harvard-Westlake HS
Class of 2012
6'6" 242 lbs
RHP
UCLA Commit
For those who don't know, Aldoinla's son is the #1 ranked high school baseball player in the country for the 2012 draft according to Perfect Game, and won the 2011 Baseball America Pitcher of the Year award for high school ballplayers. Suffice to say that there is a possibility he won't be putting on a Bruins uniform next fall.
Last edited by J H
I think this speaks volumes about Lucas Giolito's dad. As JH mentioned Lucas is considered by many the #1 prospect for next years draft. That includes high school and college players.

So often people in his situation would never post in something called "Please Identify Your Son". I actually think most people would think they are above something like that.

It sure is refeshing to see parents who are part of something, and willing to share, rather than thinking they're too good to join in.

That said, there sure are a lot of outstanding players that have been mentioned on the 46 pages of this thread that started in January of 2004. And it's kind of cool to see how players from all over the place, with different skill sets, are all mentioned together in one thread. It sure brings back a lot of great memories for yours truly.
OK, knock it off you guys! Really I'm flattered but the bottom line is that Lucas is just another kid who reached that place where hard work met opportunity (ok, I'll give it to you that he had something to start with).

He'd be unranked and unrecruited except like the other kids we read about, he made the sacrifices necessary to get the most out of his talent. So hats off to all the kids and all the parents who have spent their waking lives on a baseball field for as long as they can remember.

Any kid who gets to the next level is a winner, be it Pro, D1, D3, NAIA, HS Varsity....whatever. And those who don't....well they're winners too, because they got to play the great game of baseball and make friendships that will last a lifetime. More importantly, they get to move on and focus on their next dream, whatever that may be and you can be sure that baseball will have had a large role in shaping them for the better.

I was just remarking to my lovely wife Lindsay on a ride out to West Covina on Saturday to Rudy Ruiz' wedding (yes, Rio's Dad) how incredibly lucky we are to have found baseball as a big part of our lives. I think I said "I like my group of friends now more than any time in my life"....and I was talking specifically about the parents and kids I've been lucky enough to meet and know since Lucas picked up his first baseball. What a game, what a group...we're all winners for having had the opportunity to be part of this great game.

I'm not going anywhere no matter what happens with Luc. I have another one (12yo Casey) so I'll be around for a good long while. Peace!
Very nice sentiments, Aldoinla. Small world. My son pitched on the opposing team to your boy at the 2010 SoCal Cup at Maverick Field. My son got so jacked up from that game when he sawed-off big Wallace's wood bat with his 83 MPH two-seamer! Now my son is at a D3 school looking to make his mark in the classroom and on the ball field.

Like you, we've got a younger boy, ours is a a 9th grader, but he plays no HS sports! He is close to earning his 2nd degree black though. He's an absolute whiz at science and math, so I'm looking for the HSBW equivalent for budding science geniuses now.....It'll be a different ride, but I think equally as fun in its own regard.

To paraphrase the title of a somewhat famous book, "every thing we needed to know about the college baseball process we learned on the HSBW"
Last edited by like2rake
Aldonia,

Congratulations on your sons ranking, that's awesome.

Our son is: Michael Montville
#5 University of Maryland

I dont think he made anybodys rankinings but he is number 1 in our hearts!

Will be playing in cape cod league this summer, we are looking forward to some time on the cape this summer.

Best of luck to your son this season
Last edited by nhmonty
Actually we did have Mike ranked nationally and #1 in his state. I'm glad you posted, we caught an error in our data base. We had him in as Mike and as Michael. The information was split up. I have our tech guys correcting that.

Hopefully Michael will stay healthy and have agreat year. He's one heck of a hitter.

Best of luck
PG

Yes I remember you having him listed when he was in HS, thanks for the input.

We are also keeping our fingers crossed he stays healthy. This past season has been injury filled. The broken hand at Maryland and out five weeks. Came back against Clemson and did ok (still couldn't throw a ball). Then went into a two week funk 2/26 ouch. Started turning it around against North Carolina, had a good series but season was all but over.

This summer in NECBL he was doing great until end of June then collision with second baseman on Texas leaguer = concussion. Week later hit in face with 3-1 fastball (reminded us of Tony Conigliaro), home for a week and began complaining of being sick, took him to doctors = mono. Out until end of July. Still manged decent numbers even though he was down 15 lbs.

My wife and I are hoping its was just a tuff year, keeping our fingers crossed he can stay on the field and have some success.

Funny how he was hurt more in baseball last year than in four years of football in high school.

Best of luck with your business.
Last edited by nhmonty
Patriot Son better know as:

Zack Aukes, 2013, LHP
Pioneer High School
Woodland, CA

is the newest recruit to verbal to the University of Oregon. Our thanks to Coach Horton, Wasikowski and Uhlman for their time and patience during this important decision making process.

I can't begin to fully express our appreciation for HSBBweb. Such a resource is truely a blessing. To listen and learn from such a wealth of knowlege assembled here gave us a sense of control and peace that we were making the right decision.

I look forward to updating everyone as the journey continues and promoting HSBBweb wherever I go. There is no substitute for hard work and good coaching to become an elite level athlete. Yes, if you are good they will find you, but being prepared and accessable are also key to getting where you want to go.

I have go to get used to saying this next line.

Go Ducks!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.