I think this is my first topic post. Having read, studied & learned so much from all of you...Thank you so much! As a baseball loving & not super savvy baseball parent, here are a few thoughts now that DS is committed to a HA D3:
1. Most difficult and recent decision for our son was deciding between JUCO and the HA D3. Left it all up to him...but used guidance from you all.
2. Most important time son spent was ACT prep with a private online tutor...also best money we spent.
3. Proudest moment for us was not on on the field...DS earned Eagle Scout rank. I am a firm believer that baseball makes great men so I still find it relevant. I think his proudest moment was signing day....even though athletic scholarship was replaced by merit & it was a celebratory document.
4. The hardest part of recruiting for me (even with the help of forum reading and solid local advice) was figuring out which showcases/ individual camps were good choices. Having a tweener both with baseball & HA made so many programs both possibilities & long shots. Best $ spent / camp quality that resulted in most interest and best training- Stanford Camp.
5. Most heart warming is the number of you men who have dedicated yourself to all of our boys & to the game (coaches / umps). My son is who he is because of all of you. What you do makes this world a better place.
6. Finally, life really happens so only advice I have for those early in HS fwiw is to stay positive and enjoy each day...keep reading hsbaseballweb! As a multi sport athlete, DS battled some really signifiant setbacks with injury, he only proved he could get stronger.
Again, Happy Valentine's Day Friends!