Skip to main content

So an 8-6 game was an embarrassment to the losing team and the result of getting outplayed at every level, but a 14-3 loss represents a "pretty good HS ball game," but not a true indication of which team is better?

For the sake of the safety of everyone involved, I hope that GC and DeMatha don't meet again in the Private Maryland Championship. Check out DCSportsFan.com if you want to see some really ugly posts.
Not that you were there lady, (and I doubt seriously that you were) yet the 'embarrassment' was a quote from one of the coaches after the Semi's. And as stated, they were lucky the DeMatha talented pitcher was removed 'early' from the game
cause a shut-out was being tossed. The Cadets tried to make it interesting. There were some emotionally children after the game.

On Sunday night, and from another view point, the crowd appeared as a typical white collar vs blue collar.

Interesting to observe the blue crowd was the class act.

One Wednesday night, my bet is, if all your knowledge comes from a box score, you had no direct interest in some pretty good HS baseball since your son's HS was not in it.

That by itself, says it all.

The Stags pulling off what may be the biggest playoff stunner thus far, may have been matched by Whitman beating fifth-ranked Wootton in a Maryland 4A West quarterfinal.

I guess you can report back on the Wash Post rankings next week.
Last edited by Bear
I was there on Sunday and I listened to the game on the internet Wednesday, so I do get my information from more than box scores. On Sunday the DeMatha pitcher was removed after he gave up 5 runs. His runs were earned; sadly, the Cadets' pitcher's runs were not.

I don't think the way those kids clawed their way back from being down eight runs was an embarrassment. But if you're quoting a disheartened coach to describe the game, perhaps you're the one who wasn't actually there?
Yes, many hear what your opinion is.

And it's not surprising that you were not even
there on Wednesday as expected.

And if you are wondering, as it seems, I sat
with one of the Clark Griffith League Coaches, and
the parents of a Cadet starter, who I have known
for 30 years!

Yet many more are wondering if the So^^er Moms
are now the new Baseball Mommies.

Let's try to put this into perspective.

The % of playoff games won by the Stags over
Cadets over the past 16 years is <91%.

Think about that embarrassment!

I don't really care to converse with you.
Last edited by Bear
Old F,

If you are interested in history, try the following:

The So MD Cardinals, in the fall, announced they were leaving the CGL to the CRS CBL.

In December 2009, the Pirates stated that they were going to sit out the 2010 season. The Carney Foundation has excelled for many years with the support it provides to our area's youth!

The CGL nearly rebounded, since there were hopes of adding Reston River Dogs and new franchises of Arlington, McLean, Fairfax, Herndon, and Alexandria.

The CGL certainly welcomed back the DC Grays, Nationals, and the Senators. The Va Senators is one of the most successful teams in the league.

Not sure what your "research" entails, yet please inquire with the some excellent HS and Summer Baseball Coaches at:
- McNamara
- Gonzaga
- St John's
- DeMatha
- Good Counsel
- So Md Cardinals
- Big Train
- Rockville Express
- Mid-Atlantic
- Monarch 17 y/o
- many others

Shall we bring Fastpitch Teams into this
conversation?

While you are being educated, care to put four
zero's and a crooked number on your personal check?
Last edited by Bear

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.