Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by MeatsDad:
quote:
Originally posted by BAAAACK:
John Paterson to Furman University, Cameron Rupp to University of Texas, Hunter hill to Cental Florida makes Three 2007 Prestonwood Christian Players to commit to a D1 Program.

What summer programs did these guys play for?

Did they stay with the same team from 3 years?

Hunter Hill- Dallas Mustangs Last 3 Years
Patterson - Dallas Tigers(M) - Dallas Dodgers- Dallas Mustangs
Rupp -Dallas Tigers (M)- DBAT -DBAT
Last edited by LIONS
The success of the PCA Lions and the kids that play there is not surprising. The program offers a nice alternative for kids that face "strange" circumstances in their public school programs. They get a great Christian-based education and good coaching as a bonus. This is true for other private schools as well. As long as kids can move from private to public schools...and back...there will be a high-level of competition at all levels. I'll leave it to others to argue the merits of moves for "athletic purposes". In these cases, I know the kids can benefit from the PCA experience in areas other than baseball -- see Proverbs 3:5. Smile

Though all of these kids have had outstanding numbers at PCA, their baseball success stories must include credit to their summer programs.....a topic that has been discussed often.

Cam and Hunter and John are not the first PCA D1 baseball players....and they will not be the last. Congratulations, men!
Last edited by Panther Dad
I have a question - with only 9.7 scholarships for the whole TEAM what are the 8 or 9 '07 UT early commitments agreeing to sign for? Assuming that at least SOME of the current players on the UT roster are getting SOME scholarship money how can 8 or 9 early commits divide up such a small pie?

I am probably missing something because I will admit that I do not know as much about the NCAA scholarship rules as most of you. I just cannot believe that the Longhorns can continue to gain commitments when I would think they would not have any scholarship money available. Obviously they do.
Crawdad - I hear what you are saying but it would be my uneducated guess that many recruits would be happy to take the spot and take a small piece of the pie....Texas has such an elite program ... the school and the program are both difficult to get into so I think that would be a hard one to pass on no matter what the $$ is .... I know lots of guys that would sign-on for free for that opportunity.
Last edited by cheapseats
quote:
how can 8 or 9 early commits divide up such a small pie?

I just cannot believe that the Longhorns can continue to gain commitments when I would think they would not have any scholarship money available. Obviously they do.

Crawdad I think you hit it right on the head but also factor the following:

1. Academic Scholarships
2. Pell Grants
3. Guarenteed Student Loans

When all is factored, 8-9 scholarships can go a long way especially when some commitments may take 20% just to go to Texas. Plus the cost is not that expensive.
Last edited by SWAC
quote:
the school and the program are both difficult to get into so I think that would be a hard one to pass on no matter what the $$ is .... I know lots of guys that would sign-on for free for that opportunity.

quote:
You have too take into consideration that not all will end up on the 40 acres. Some will venture to pro ball at draft time next year.

Two excellent observations.
quote:
Brett Eibner -- OF (The Woodlands) to Arkansas.

Nothing at all against this signing, by the way, congratulations to this young man........but....... it seems that Arkansas signs about 50 guys every year. Anybody else notice this, or is it just me?

I hear they have one of the MOST beautiful baseball facilities in the country. I'd love to see it someday myself!
I assume you mean M. Wild, a RHP who will be a soph this season. Has mid to upper-80s velocity, throws from a sidearm slot, etc. Comes from athletic family.

He pitched in 6 games as freshman (8 IP, no decisions, no saves, 4.50 ERA). It is hard to tell much more from the stat sheet than that. I do know that Arkansas, over the course of the year, used 13 different pitchers and 15 position players (whatever the heck that means).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.