Skip to main content

Whatever college Stafford ends up with will be in for a pleasant suprise. While he might not light the gun up like some kids, he flat out knows how to pitch and get people out. I caught him the past 2 high school seasons and this summer, and he has learned how to use everything he has to his advantage. I think he was 12-1 as a soph, 13-1 as a jr, and only lost one game this summer.
I like to drop by and every once in awhile to see who is committing where. I think I need to change my name, Uncle Ethan is to smart for me and found out my secret identity haha

PS
Monk, it has been a lot fun playing with you all these years. I hope that we get a chance to play together again. Good luck this spring and have fun being a “commodore” next summer Smile
Meaning no disrespect to anyone, but if you don't believe that coaches and scouts base their decisions on how a player projects, all you have to do is look at the two Mustang pitchers discussed in the most recent posts. STUDent of the Game eloquently cites Stafford's EFFECTIVENESS over an extended period against top competition, even though Stafford is not the prototypical pitcher's body. Yet, he has not committed.

Pearce, at 6'7" and 92 mph, has not had near the EFFECTIVENESS of Stafford, yet he has already committed to UTSA. Why? It is how he projects.

Congratulations to Jason, who is deserving. Congratulations will be in order to Stafford, who is also deserving. He will just have to be a little more patient.
quote:
Originally posted by 62tiger:
Baylor signed alot of kids last year from what I hear. I heard they do not have a lot of $$$. Plus I heard they got burned on a few early signees.

I'm assuming you mean early committments. All of their '06 signees showed except Clay Fuller. Ive been to several fall intrasquads, by the way, and that young talent is exciting. Aaron Miller and Shaver Hansen (SS from Grand Junction, CO) can mash, not to mention Dustin Dickerson. Volz was throwing mid 90s the other day as well. They'll be young, but geez, will they ever be loaded with talent.
CONGRATS THOMAS!!!!!!!

I had the opportunity to meet Thomas and his mother at the PG Baylor event this summer, what a nice young/talented man. Thomas's mother is a poster on here and I would like to send out a BIG CONGRATS to their family!!!!

PS My husband is a wildcat so if you need any extra purple shirts I think I might just have some!!!
This just in from New York:

ALBANY -- Greg Holle's dream is to own a pair of cowboy boots. Problem is, he wears a size 17 and can't find ones that fit from the limited selection of Western stores in upstate New York.

That won't be a problem where he's headed.

Holle, a 6-foot-8, 220-pound senior at Christian Brothers Academy, confirmed Tuesday that he has accepted a full baseball scholarship to Texas Christian University in Fort Worth.

He'll pitch, play outfield and get his hands on those coveted boots.

"Some of the guys on the team said, 'Come on down here, and we'll find ya a pair, even if we have to get them specially made,' " Holle said in a conference room at CBA. "I knew it was the right place when I got down there and got on the field, talked to the guys and saw how practice goes."

Holle looks and sounds the part of a Texan, though he's lived his whole life in the Capital Region. He speaks with a Southern accent, listens to country music and wears a big, shiny, silver cow head belt buckle.

He chose TCU, which he visited over the weekend, over Rice, Villanova, Louisville, Richmond, Notre Dame and LSU. He also was recruited to play basketball and baseball at Siena, where his father and brother, both named Gary, played. He turned down Siena because, among other reasons, he did not want to stay in the area.

"I've always wanted to go down south," Holle said.

Holle batted .357 with a team-high six home runs and 24 RBI to go along with 2.67 earned-run average and 38 strikeouts over 21 innings for the South Troy Dodgers this summer. He is considered one of the nation's top prospects.

Not bad for a kid who almost gave baseball up four years ago.

Holle didn't play baseball during his freshman year, focusing instead on basketball. South Troy Dodgers coach George Rogers convinced Holle to play baseball during the summer before his sophomore year.

Rogers said TCU is "getting a kid who's a hard worker. The kind whose work ethic is tremendous. The kind who shows up at the field every night to work on his game or to run."

The Horned Frogs of TCU were 41-20 last season and won the Mountain West Conference for the second consecutive year.

TCU was one of many schools that also wanted Holle to play basketball. He said he's focusing on baseball for now but did not rule out playing both at some point. He also broached the idea of forgoing college if he's selected in the major league draft, but only if he's offered an "ungodly" amount of money.
Hammock is really swung it well this Fall. Looks like a kid who will be a definite asset offensively at some point. He is playing 3B where he has shown improvements defensively as well. He is in competition with Raynor Campbell over there who can pick it, thus his position may turn out to be righy DH if Raynor shows well early with the bat.

Bailey has had a pretty decent fall. Will need to get stronger it appears but is no doubt a talent. I'm thinking he will likely redshirt. plenty of projectable talent there however.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.