Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by NP13:
PG Staff,

You posted...

"I would email his information to staff@perfectgame.org, to make sure we know who he is. This does not cost anything and it will make sure he is in the database. It can be very important."

... do you recommend this to all kids interested in playing college baseball or just 6'6" kids wh throw 89mph?

Thanks

Not to speak for PGstaff, but I would think he only does this for members of this board as a courtsey. I have seen him do it on numerous occasions with kids of all sizes. I wouldn't get overly cynical about it.
There are lots of kids in the PG database who have not attended a PG showcase. Publicly, you will see many kids who are just listed as attending a PG tournament. From my understanding, the Perfect Game Staff attend other tournaments as well and will keep records on prospects from those tournaments. This information is not available to the general public.

My understanding is that when PG ranks the Top 1000 (or what ever), there are numerous kids on the list who have not attended a PG showcase. Obviously, they are in the PG database or they wouldn't be on the list, but never attended a PG event.

Like I said, this is all my understanding from what I have read PGStaff writing about as well as reading up on their website. If I am off base, I'm sure someone will let me know. I'm also sure PGStaff will come on here and answer the questions you have and explain things better than me.
NP13,

I do recommend talented players send us information, especially those who truly believe they have a chance to play at the next level. It may not help them unless they have some talent. And of course, we would be interested in any and all 6'6 pitchers in the upper 80s. Same way we would be interested in a small shortstop who can make all the plays look easy and swing the bat.
Trojan-skipper,

quote:
“what do you recommend for position players”

This all depends on their biological age the amount and timing of the training stress that is appropriate.
Kids that are biologically 16 and younger should be performing aggressive field agility, glove field motor skills and throwing motor skills with light resistance overload training for no more than 120 consecutive days in the late fall and winter leading up to spring then maintain at ½ the weight and reps during competitive season.
Throw interval overload “sport specific” training should be performed with no more than 6 lb wrist weights and a 4 lb. Iron ball with reps starting at 12 a day leading up to 48 by spring with the 4 drills we use then low trajectory bullet Crowstep long toss starting 6 weeks before spring games using a pronated mechanic.

Kids that are biologically 16 to 19 can perform for 180 consecutive days the same field and glove motor skills with 10 lb. Wrist weights and a 6 Lb. Iron ball then maintain at ½ weight and reps to maintain during season using a pronated mechanic.

quote:
“pitchers (if it's different)”

Pitchers have appropriate biological age amounts also but they have more pitch type motor skill overload “sport specific” training to get through and it is every day, not the 1 day on and 2 days off most general trainers recommend with their non sport specific programs.

My pitchers use the wrist weights, Bucket twirls, Iron and lead ball throws and for motor skill training they use footballs (end over end) for all 6 pitch types, bucket lids for the pronated curve and baseballs off the mound for their underload training, every day.
They do bottom half training by running bases and doing sprint poles called speed ups by starting at the line and walk 10 Jog 10 trot 10 run 10 sprint 10 run 10 trot 10 Jog 10 then walk to the line and turn around and do it again 5 reps to start going up to 20 reps by spring, this drill eliminated Ham string pulls by training the proprioceptors to fire off at different rates so there is no neural confusion that cause Ham string pulls.
These kids are unable to compete because they are in continual training regression making a physiological adjustment week to week, any breaks and they go backwards and detrain like what happens with general techniques. If you read Marshalls materials it goes into detail if you are interested, believe me it is the best training program available for baseball players, field or pitching.
Last edited by Yardbird
PGStaff,

quote:
“Since so much has been written contrary to my response to vtmom, thought it should be repeated.”

I have read nothing contrary to your original response to the OP and my response was not to you in particular and only to the way training timeline has evolved incorrectly due only in part by your organization.

quote:
“All we can do is tell people if they are not ready, don't come! That was the message above.”

This was completely understood! Did you understand my response? None of the pitchers you evaluate in the fall and winter are ready especially the ones that train correctly!

quote:
”If there is any disadvantage in sending us information about a player, I don't know what it would be”

There is none

quote:
“Anyone who thinks it's better if we don't know about a player has received bad advice”

Nobody has said this! why are you saying they have?

quote:
”All that said, there is no perfect guideline to reaching the top”

This is where you fail in understanding training timeline and proper exercise physiological principles. That’s all I’m saying and I’m not wrong on this.

quote:
“It's been done many different ways”

All to the detriment of pitchers and their upcoming seasons that should come first!
You must really be unaware this is happening?

quote:
To be honest, it has been done with PG and it has been done without PG.

It is disrupted with PG, now add in all the rest of the perceived importance obligations.

quote:
“The most important thing is to keep getting better.”

Do you understand that what I have been saying is exactly what this quote is saying and any shutdown in training is detrimental to physiological advancement by trying to be ready for all these events run continually? You have still not discussed my only contentions.

quote:
“First of all, you are wrong.”

I am absolutely not wrong on this and I am not questioning your staffs injury prevention
theory and if you mean the people you work with being the baseball establishment at all youth, college and pro levels? You are the one that is wrong on this, injuries have been increasing not reducing and this is my worry and complaint to you and all the rest that by doing what you all do at the inappropriate time these kids are never ready to compete at the beginning of the season.

quote:
“The people we work with are very much into injury prevention in every way”

You wouldn’t know it by the mechanics and training they agree with!

quote:
“That would include number of pitches”

with injurious mechanics they better be!

quote:
“insufficient recovery time”

I believe you guys can’t screw this up, there’s to many of them.

quote:
conditioning

I’m telling you they do not have a handle on this by the many disruptions along the way.

quote:
AND mechanics.

How wrong can you be in a thread where the OP’s kid is coming off of arm problems!
If your going to yell at least be correct, you are not, the mechanics (or not) that you evaluate at these events are injurious as taught by all these well meaning but wrong headed pitching coaches, It’s a fact and this is one of the fallacies I speak of and nobody is blaming YOU.

quote:
“Listen you throw less pitches and at lower velocity, you are less likely to get hurt. You are also unlikely to be successful.”

What are you saying here, I am really confused by this statement?

quote:
‘Would you rather have perfect mechanics or mechanics that are safer and be unsuccessful or would you rather have mechanical flaws but pitch in the big leagues”

How can I answer this utterly non-sensible question?
Non-injurious force application that is performed at maximally still does not injure you unless you are not in shape!
Injurious force application at maximal intensities continually breaks you down until you break.

quote:
“If you pitch long enough there is a very high percentage you will have an arm injury. The number of great pitchers who have had TJ surgery is astounding.”

Glad you recognize this! Are you aware there is a simple fix? If you have been reading my posts you might have run across the fix even though I am a cultist shill kool aid drinker, it still works.

quote:
”I have nothing but respect for Marshall and his beliefs. He is one very smart guy. However, we need to know the results.

He has produced results even with the broken pitchers he receives, can you name the pitchers whom he has trained that made it to the top? Can you name the current MLB pitchers that are using his tenets now and increasing every year?

quote:
How many MLB pitchers have followed his plan (mechanics)?

One of them holds many MLB records (now for over 30 years) including winning 3 games (3 straight days) in a row and won the first Cy Young award as a reliever, don’t tell me you can’t name him? Results.

quote:
“In time we might all find out that he was correct.”

You would have to do what I have done to find out, I have tried to show it from the bottom up but everybody balks at it and since this sport has no bar to jump over it is squelched through subjection, do you think it will magicly come in from the top down?

quote:
“ It will take results for that to happen. He knows that!”

There has been plenty of great results, you are either not aware of them or are playing the Ostrich like many.

How come the knowledgeable people in your organization do not assign a biological age assessment in your analysis?
And could you please now address my original concern? I have answered all your off subject questions, how about some fair quid?

CADad,

quote:
”I think you should only hold your showcases during the HS regular season. That way you can be sure that the kids are in playing shape.”

This is a great idea and the perfect time to do it, there is a one week dead period after Easter that would give you the best results but down (SoCal) here CIF might balk.

The actual best time would be 5 days before the draft just after the play off’s

quote:
“I don't think Marshall is anywhere near as bright as he thinks he is”

Marshall has never claimed brightness but you on the other hand are showing yours.
What does your disrespectful thoughts have to do with the subject we are discussing?

“A PHD, especially in kinesiology, is no guarantee of brilliance.”

He has already cleaned up the NFL throwers 30 years ago, he figures baseball while not having many advanced educated participants yet might want to clean up their mess also?

Coach May,

quote:
“We are being told that the way we do it is wrong and we should change.”

How do you do it in the fall and winter?
I don’t believe you have divulged your particular technique but wish to we yourself.

quote:
“We are being told that you have the answers.”

You are being told that breaks in training timeline are detrimental to physiological advancement. It is your right to disbelieve these exercise physiological tenets if you wish.

quote:
“So if you would give us some examples of pitchers that have followed this plan and have had success with it that would be great”

Start with Dr Mike Marshall!

quote:
“If your so sold on Marshall mechanics there must be some players out there that you can use as examples. Some players that have reached the pinnacle of the profession because of Marshall mechanics”

This is really not necessary being that these are known physiological tenets that you can easily find with some book learnin and the mechanics part has had very little time to give provenance but since I love reading your positive and thoughtful posts in the past and future I will indulge you just this once.

quote:
” If you can eliminate or reduce greatly the risk of injury from pitching and at the same time reach your full potential as a pitcher using Marshall mechanics give us some results that prove this. That would be very helpful”

I will give you 2, one drafted in the first round with an MLB org. and one drafted in the first round in the NFL.

Tyler Matzek (Rockies) was trained for 8 years using Marshalls mechanics and training and is currently in progressive sport specific training regression and will not come out of it until Feb..

Mark Sanches (Jets) was trained using Marshall mechanics and partially trained (just learning) because he was to young where when he entered SMCHS as a freshman he was pitching in the low 9’s then quit baseball to pursue his dream of signing for over 50 mil.

There are many more and another AFLAC pitcher this year but I can’t give you his name because of the negative stigma that many attach like you see here that may effect his draftability?
Last edited by Yardbird
PGStaff,

quote:
“Since so much has been written contrary to my response to vtmom, thought it should be repeated.”

I have read nothing contrary to your original response to the OP and my response was not to you in particular and only to the way training timeline has evolved incorrectly due only in part by your organization.

quote:
“All we can do is tell people if they are not ready, don't come! That was the message above.”

This was completely understood! Did you understand my response? None of the pitchers you evaluate in the fall and winter are ready especially the ones that train correctly!

quote:
”If there is any disadvantage in sending us information about a player, I don't know what it would be”

There is none

quote:
“Anyone who thinks it's better if we don't know about a player has received bad advice”

Nobody has said this! why are you saying they have?

quote:
”All that said, there is no perfect guideline to reaching the top”

This is where you fail in understanding training timeline and proper exercise physiological principles. That’s all I’m saying and I’m not wrong on this.

quote:
“It's been done many different ways”

All to the detriment of pitchers and their upcoming seasons that should come first!
You must really be unaware this is happening?

quote:
To be honest, it has been done with PG and it has been done without PG.

It is disrupted with PG, now add in all the rest of the perceived importance obligations.

quote:
“The most important thing is to keep getting better.”

Do you understand that what I have been saying is exactly what this quote is saying and any shutdown in training is detrimental to physiological advancement by trying to be ready for all these events run continually? You have still not discussed my only contentions.

quote:
“First of all, you are wrong.”

I am absolutely not wrong on this and I am not questioning your staffs injury prevention
theory and if you mean the people you work with being the baseball establishment at all youth, college and pro levels? You are the one that is wrong on this, injuries have been increasing not reducing and this is my worry and complaint to you and all the rest that by doing what you all do at the inappropriate time these kids are never ready to compete at the beginning of the season.

quote:
“The people we work with are very much into injury prevention in every way”

You wouldn’t know it by the mechanics and training they agree with!

quote:
“That would include number of pitches”

with injurious mechanics they better be!

quote:
“insufficient recovery time”

I believe you guys can’t screw this up, there’s to many of them.

quote:
conditioning

I’m telling you they do not have a handle on this by the many disruptions along the way.

quote:
AND mechanics.

How wrong can you be in a thread where the OP’s kid is coming off of arm problems!
If your going to yell at least be correct, you are not, the mechanics (or not) that you evaluate at these events are injurious as taught by all these well meaning but wrong headed pitching coaches, It’s a fact and this is one of the fallacies I speak of and nobody is blaming YOU.

quote:
“Listen you throw less pitches and at lower velocity, you are less likely to get hurt. You are also unlikely to be successful.”

What are you saying here, I am really confused by this statement?

quote:
‘Would you rather have perfect mechanics or mechanics that are safer and be unsuccessful or would you rather have mechanical flaws but pitch in the big leagues”

How can I answer this utterly non-sensible question?
Non-injurious force application that is performed at maximally still does not injure you unless you are not in shape!
Injurious force application at maximal intensities continually breaks you down until you break.

quote:
“If you pitch long enough there is a very high percentage you will have an arm injury. The number of great pitchers who have had TJ surgery is astounding.”

Glad you recognize this! Are you aware there is a simple fix? If you have been reading my posts you might have run across the fix even though I am a cultist shill kool aid drinker, it still works.

quote:
”I have nothing but respect for Marshall and his beliefs. He is one very smart guy. However, we need to know the results.

He has produced results even with the broken pitchers he receives, can you name the pitchers whom he has trained that made it to the top? Can you name the current MLB pitchers that are using his tenets now and increasing every year?

quote:
How many MLB pitchers have followed his plan (mechanics)?

One of them holds many MLB records (now for over 30 years) including winning 3 games (3 straight days) in a row and won the first Cy Young award as a reliever, don’t tell me you can’t name him? Results.

quote:
“In time we might all find out that he was correct.”

You would have to do what I have done to find out, I have tried to show it from the bottom up but everybody balks at it and since this sport has no bar to jump over it is squelched through subjection, do you think it will magicly come in from the top down?

quote:
“ It will take results for that to happen. He knows that!”

There has been plenty of great results, you are either not aware of them or are playing the Ostrich like many.

How come the knowledgeable people in your organization do not assign a biological age assessment in your analysis?
And could you please now address my original concern? I have answered all your off subject questions, how about some fair quid?

CADad,

quote:
”I think you should only hold your showcases during the HS regular season. That way you can be sure that the kids are in playing shape.”

This is a great idea and the perfect time to do it, there is a one week dead period after Easter that would give you the best results but down (SoCal) here CIF might balk.

The actual best time would be 5 days before the draft just after the play off’s

quote:
“I don't think Marshall is anywhere near as bright as he thinks he is”

Marshall has never claimed brightness but you on the other hand are showing yours.
What does your disrespectful thoughts have to do with the subject we are discussing?

“A PHD, especially in kinesiology, is no guarantee of brilliance.”

He has already cleaned up the NFL throwers 30 years ago, he figures baseball while not having many advanced educated participants yet might want to clean up their mess also?

Coach May,

quote:
“We are being told that the way we do it is wrong and we should change.”

How do you do it in the fall and winter?
I don’t believe you have divulged your particular technique but wish to we yourself.

quote:
“We are being told that you have the answers.”

You are being told that breaks in training timeline are detrimental to physiological advancement. It is your right to disbelieve these exercise physiological tenets if you wish.

quote:
“So if you would give us some examples of pitchers that have followed this plan and have had success with it that would be great”

Start with Dr Mike Marshall!

quote:
“If your so sold on Marshall mechanics there must be some players out there that you can use as examples. Some players that have reached the pinnacle of the profession because of Marshall mechanics”

This is really not necessary being that these are known physiological tenets that you can easily find with some book learnin and the mechanics part has had very little time to give provenance but since I love reading your positive and thoughtful posts in the past and future I will indulge you just this once.

quote:
” If you can eliminate or reduce greatly the risk of injury from pitching and at the same time reach your full potential as a pitcher using Marshall mechanics give us some results that prove this. That would be very helpful”

I will give you 2, one drafted in the first round with an MLB org. and one drafted in the first round in the NFL.

Tyler Matzek (Rockies) was trained for 8 years using Marshalls mechanics and training and is currently in progressive sport specific training regression and will not come out of it until Feb..

Mark Sanches (Jets) was trained using Marshall mechanics for 4 years and partially trained (just learning) because he was to young where when he entered SMCHS as a freshman he was pitching in the low 9’s then quit baseball to pursue his dream of signing for over 50 mil.

There are many more and another AFLAC pitcher this year but I can’t give you his name because of the negative stigma that many attach like you see here that may effect his draftability?
Last edited by Yardbird
I agree with hokieone about length of posts!

Yardbird, your extremely long posts often seem like lecture attempts rather than discussion points. As the forum administrator, I sometimes wonder if I should remove your posts to avoid "turning off" readers who will simply stop reading the discussion at that point because it is so difficult to slog through your post. Think about it.

Julie
Marshall did not use the tenets he teaches now when he pitched 30 years ago. Please don't use him as an example.

Tyler Matzek strayed from the Marshall teachings as admitted by you. You have stated that he will wind up with an injury because of this. (please don't make me go back and find the place you made this assertion). Although he may use some of the Marshall tenets, he is NOT a full Marshall pitcher.

Please give an expample of a full Marshall pitcher who has made it to the MLB. Not Dr. Marshall who pitched before he developed the current tenets and has said himself he researched and came up with his current teachings because his own mechanics were flawed and injurious. And not a kid who trained with the Marshall tenets, but left them behind to be more effective.
quote:
And could you please now address my original concern?

What was it again? I got to say, is this really a concern of yours or some kind of advertisement?

quote:

No I can not name them. All I am asking is please name them, so I and others might know who they are. It seems like such a simple thing to do.

The year before he was drafted in the first round, Tyler Matzek pitched for the Braves Scout Team in late October WWBA Jupiter, FL 2008. In late August he pitched in the Aflac All American Game.
Here is the proof... Tyler Matzek

So if you are saying pitchers are not in shape during this period of time and should not be pitching and you're also using Tyler Matzek as your "only" example (Other than Marshall himself 30 years ago)... I am very confused. Did he not listen to your advice? Did pitching in that event cause him problems. The following spring he was the 11th pick first round and signed for nearly $4,000,000.00. What am I missing here?
MN-Mom,

quote:
”Yardbird, your extremely long posts often seem like lecture attempts rather than discussion points.”

Explaining these important tenets takes some word smithing that I am not very to good at but learning, people ask questions and make personal disparaging comments and get away with it with out response, explaining this information thoroughly allows the ones who wish to read what I say a chance to understand better.

quote:
“As the forum administrator, I sometimes wonder if I should remove your posts to avoid "turning off" readers who will simply stop reading the discussion at that point because it is so difficult to slog through your post. Think about it.”

I have in the past asked people who see my posts to just ignore them but they keep reading them and responding.

I would hope that this important information does not get censored as it has been in the past and beg your indulgence and sincerely apologize.

I actually love PGStaff and coach Mays many past longer responses but now know they have this luxury and I do not.

I will take your recommendations and warning seriously and in the future to keep from getting eliminated I will give lesser responses. You do realize that this is what many want to happen?
Last edited by Yardbird
Bballman,

quote:
Marshall did not use the tenets he teaches now when he pitched 30 years ago. Please don't use him as an example.

Yes he did! He is a perfect example.

quote:
”Tyler Matzek strayed from the Marshall teachings as admitted by you.”

Yes he did, when he went pro he followed their recommendations and his shoulder and elbow started to react negatively! He is back now training the way he used to.

quote:
’Please give an expample of a full Marshall pitcher who has made it to the MLB.”

You have asked this many times before and I am being warned not to expand.
Joe Williams made it to AA by way of the lower development personnel with the Cardinals then the upper development personnel found out and he was eliminated.
Like I said if you are not going to be allowed in from the bottom up do not expect to see it from the top down with any pace. Many MLB pitchers have his information, Halladay being one of them.

quote:
“Not Dr. Marshall who pitched before he developed the current tenets”

He used all the upper half tenets!

quote:
“and has said himself he researched and came up with his current teachings because his own mechanics were flawed and injurious.

Wrong and that ain’t right! Bottom half only!
You know this but being a devout Marshall info hater you must respond as you do
PGStaff,
quote:
What was it again? I got to say, is this really a concern of yours or some kind of advertisement?

This response is not like you, I see no advertisement, you must think I’m a brainwashed tard shill like Trhit and MTH.
quote:
“All I am asking is please name them, so I and others might know who they are. It seems like such a simple thing to do.”

I did, Jeff Kubenca is another, there are more. I have to be careful in my response length?

quote:
I am very confused. Did he not listen to your advice?

No! and that is what I am saying, he was so loaded up with fall and winter distractions he was not ready to start hid senior year regular season and only got in shape by the end of that season and not in the beginning of it as it should be as witnessed by his erratic and low velocity start and high velocity acute command finish and he is only one of them.

quote:
“Did pitching in that event cause him problems.”

Yes training timeline problems!!!!! That’s all I have been saying!

quote:
The following spring he was the 11th pick first round and signed for nearly $4,000,000.00. What am I missing here?

You are missing the fact that these high profile pitchers do not need what you offer and should be eliminated from your database, what are they an advertisement?
You should be concentrating on the bubble kids who are not exposed, now we are on a different subject that you started, happy. Do you think pro scouts need you for these exceptional kids?
Last edited by Yardbird
quote:
Originally posted by Yardbird:
Bballman,

quote:

Yes he did! He is a perfect example.

quote:
“Not Dr. Marshall who pitched before he developed the current tenets”

He used all the upper half tenets!

So Dr. Marshall was using all his upper half tenets between 1961 and 1981 (at least prior to 1981 when his career ended) and has not come up with anything new for the upper half since then?

So, he has been teaching the exact same thing on the upper half Marshall mechanics for the last 29 years, minimum, and he has not had more people than the 2 or 3 you mentioned, make it to the major leagues?

I really thought he had been developing and testing and researching this in an evolving progression all this time. If he had it down pat by 1981, was all the research he has done since then just been to justify his method that he had already developed? I thought science and reasearch and testing was to come up with the most effective, effecient way of doing things. Not to provide data to people to justify the way it is already being done.

Wow, you taught me something new here Yard.
Last edited by bballman
Julie, please don't remove Yardbird's lengthy posts. I read just one when I got to work this morning and suddenly it was time for lunch!

People should, however, have to send a dime into the HSBBW for every quote clip they use in a post...

As for the Marshall philosophy, the lack of big league pitchers it's produced over decades renders it basically useless.
Last edited by Baseballdad1228
quote:
Originally posted by Baseballdad1228:
Julie, please don't remove Yandbird's lengthy posts. I read just one when I got to work this morning and suddenly it was time for lunch!

People should, however, have to send a dime into the HSBBW for every quote clip they use in a post...

Baseballdad1228, I owe you a dime Smile
Last edited by bballman
quote:
The following spring he was the 11th pick first round and signed for nearly $4,000,000.00. What am I missing here?

You are missing the fact that these high profile pitchers do not need what you offer and should be eliminated from your database, what are they an advertisement?
You should be concentrating on the bubble kids who are not exposed, now we are on a different subject that you started, happy. Do you think pro scouts need you for these exceptional kids?

I'm not sure pro scouts "need" us for any kid. However they sure come to the events and watch them play and, along with college recruiters, they sure are the majority of our scouting service subscribers. How do we eliminate them from the database when they have been to the event.

BTW, what do you mean advertisement... I didn't bring up Tyler Matzek... YOU did! Maybe this quote will refresh your memory...

quote:

Who is advertising here... I just told you he pitched in late October the fall before he swigned for nearly $4 Million dollars. He pitched in front of hundreds of scouts including most of the Scouting Directors. Did you even know that?

You were also the first person to mentiion mechanics in this topic.

Ask the first pitcher selected this past year if he is happy about going to those events. Ask Madison Bumgarner, Zach Greinke, Chad Billingsley, Jeremy Hellickson, I can name hundreds if you wish.

What are you trying to start here. Your defense seems to be, take the offensive.

No one forces any kid to attend our event. There were well over 100 that threw 90 or better in Jupiter about a week ago. That was the same event that Tyler Matzek pitched in. BTW, it wasn't us that got him there. He played for the team put together by the Atlanta Braves!!!! Sorry, it just happened to be our event.

Man, what is your problem? Why do you have to be a jerk? If you were representing us, I'd tell you to shut up and get lost. Do you really think you're helping Marshall and what he is trying to accomplish? You're not helping a bit by just creating enemies.

Once again, is that all the names you can come up with? If so, wouldn't it make sense to do it the way all the best pitchers do it? You know... all those "other" guys?

BTW, I have never before said anything against Marshall's theories. Just goes to show what a sh*tty job you are doing representing him.

BTW, I call BS about this remark... There are many more and another AFLAC pitcher this year but I can’t give you his name because of the negative stigma that many attach like you see here that may effect his draftability?

Just how important do you think you are? You mention his name and they don't draft him? Come on! If they think he's the best pitcher, he will be the first pitcher selected. I'm growing tired of your BS!
PGStaff,

I was asked to answer these questions and it had nothing to do with you. Now that you and others are getting snotty with the personal attacks (typical) and getting away with it and you are not going to address the problem and questions I raised there is nothing else to say other than the original posters child needs to get into shape before he shows, this takes a minimum of 6 months and nice post length.
Last edited by Yardbird
Danramosd,

Nice article and very informative!

As you can see you had to put in this disclaimer and exactly the subject that I have been talking about and nothing more.

Now add in all the other events and competitions these parents believe they must attend and you have exacerbated the positive training timeline into a detraining timeline.

The week before

quote:
“To make sure you are prepared for the workout you have to plan your bullpen and workout schedule a week in advance.”

This is preparation to shut it down a week ahead to be in perceived readiness.

quote:
“ I’m not going to go into specifics about when you should or shouldn’t throw and lift because everyone is different when it comes to that.”

Physiologically everybody is basically the same, their workout routines are different though because of what they do privately.

quote:
“The key is to make sure you are strong”

Are you aware of how an athlete comes out of training regression to get ready for competition?

quote:
“but well rested going into your workout.”

Rest = Atrophy, one week of rest = 2.5 weeks in reduction of previous gains!
Yard why not start your own discussion on what you believe is the right way to train and those that care can read it instead of trying to force feed us?

The OP asked a simple question:

"Will it hurt him if he goes and does not do as well as he could potentially do or is it better to wait until after he has been playing for a while with his HS team?"

People have answered and given feedback. No need to drag things out.
quote:
Originally posted by Yardbird:
Danramosd,

Nice article and very informative!

As you can see you had to put in this disclaimer and exactly the subject that I have been talking about and nothing more.

Now add in all the other events and competitions these parents believe they must attend and you have exacerbated the positive training timeline into a detraining timeline.

The week before

quote:
“To make sure you are prepared for the workout you have to plan your bullpen and workout schedule a week in advance.”

This is preparation to shut it down a week ahead to be in perceived readiness.

quote:
“ I’m not going to go into specifics about when you should or shouldn’t throw and lift because everyone is different when it comes to that.”

Physiologically everybody is basically the same, their workout routines are different though because of what they do privately.

quote:
“The key is to make sure you are strong”

Are you aware of how an athlete comes out of training regression to get ready for competition?

quote:
“but well rested going into your workout.”

Rest = Atrophy, one week of rest = 2.5 weeks in reduction of previous gains!

Thank you for the feedback on my article. My intentions for this post was never to describe or go into detail about your actual workout before the showcase or workout. I will not go into detail about something that I'm not an expert in, which is work out regimens. I know what works for me and other guys I have played with even though I might not be able to explain why. So whenever I mention working out it will usually be in the most general sense of the word. I tend to focus most of my posts on the mental part of the game which is where I was going with this post.

As for the original post I seemed to neglect to answer. I think since he is a 2012 he has plenty of time to still attend show cases. Even if he can't get to as many as he would like, he should be sending out emails to coaches introducing himself. Ask coaches to come out and watch him pitch the next time he is throwing in a game. You don't always have to pay the big $$ to get big results.
Bigdog44,

As with the rest and now you all I have done is answered their questions and contentions.
Danramosd showed exactly what I was talking about as being part of the baseball establishment..

quote:
‘instead of trying to force feed us?”

Nobody has been forced to do anything but they all seem to want to change my original contention into something we were not even discussing

quote:
The OP asked a simple question:

And got many good answers, my original answer was short and to the point, it all fell apart when PG had to protect himself then by not answering the actual contention by escalation into off subjects, all I did was answer back.

quote:
”People have answered and given feedback.’ No need to drag things out.

So, bacicly the question mark you posted at the end of you first question I should just have ignored? I believe this is rude and I will always answer legitimate questions unlike many others.
Last edited by Yardbird
Yardbird,

Start at the top and read all of this. Once again my response to your first post and the original question...

quote:
Yardbird,

I really don't care whether pitchers want to shut down after summer.

However, I have to ask this question. Why do college programs play in the fall? Why do they hold camps in the off season? Why do professional players play in the fall and the winter leagues? Why do MLB clubs have instructs?

Also, would you describe a pitcher that ends up going early in the first round as taking the wrong approach if he plays beyond the summer?

Not saying you are wrong, but we can give hundreds of examples of those who did not follow your advice above. Did they take the wrong approach?

Scott Kazmir, Chad Billingsley, Matt Cain, John Danks, Gerritt Cole, Jameson Tallion, Shelby Miller, Nick Adenhart, etc. On the other hand, to be fair, we could name several who did not play after the summer season.

Also I take exception to your comments about "the all mighty dollar" and what exactly is "the showcase (baseball evolved ignorance) establishment"? Just to be clear, we are not part of any establishment.

BTW, would you describe those listed above as taking a "timeline to mediocrity"? Don't want to get involved in a discussion regarding traditional mechanics. That belongs in the pitching forum. I will say this... There is no reward without risk! It just doesn't ever happen in any baseball player. So I could say, playing it too safe will lead to mediocrity. Not to be confused with being stupid pertaining to the risk.

vtmom,

Your son sounds very interesting. However, not knowing the entire situation, I can't suggest what to do. Every situation is different. Can say this... If he is not ready please don't attend any event, including ours.

I would email his information to staff@perfectgame.org, to make sure we know who he is. This does not cost anything and it will make sure he is in the database. It can be very important.

Then you took it upon yourself to dissect just about every word of the above. What makes you right and nearly everyone else in College or Professional baseball wrong? I don't understand!
PGStaff,

quote:
Then you took it upon yourself to dissect just about every word of the above.

You said “I have to ask this question “ then asked 4 in the first paragraph, Then you said “would you describe”, “did they”,” what exactly”, “would you describe” and in each case I honestly answered you and asked a few questions myself that you refused to answer and went off on a different track that usually means something
quote:
What makes you right and nearly everyone else in College or Professional baseball wrong?

Like I said, Look at the injury ratios in these and all levels with pitchers that are escalating and it all gets back to proper training and mechanics of which I only posed the training timeline that is constantly being disrupted through a multitude of competitive events or implemented incorrectly through general means.

Your highlighted statement was perfect the way it was and in keeping with your usual gentlemanly and personable style and I did not comment on it but the later cursing and personal attacks were telling and I am very sorry to have seen you break down in this manor and had been a part of it and apologize for being this part.
quote:
I don't understand!

I hope you think about this, it is real! I’m sorry I’m the one that had to make you aware or not but it is what it is. I’m sure there is a way to resolve it but not if it is not recognized or admitted to or understood.
A good test for you to cross check this contention would be to pose the question to all your personnel and see if they are aware of the problem and honestly evaluate their responses, then you will know where the established evolved thinking is and if it matches yours.
You could e-mail the leading expert on the subject and get his honest qualified opinion but that would take very large nads and may lead to unintended consequences for you so you might just leave that one alone. Curious?
Last edited by Yardbird
Julie, you don't need to remove posts because most of us just skip the long winded, self serving posts.

It doesn't take long on this forum to realize who the knowledgeable, responsible posters are. It also doesn't take long to realize those people who will argue about whether the grass is green and the sky is blue.

VT Mom, there was a thread on the NE Forum about showcases/college camps in the region this fall. There are some helpful posters who visit that forum who might have some regional information if you are looking for opportunities in the area, and if your son is ready. I think there's some value in attending something low profile (not at his dream school), just to get him accustomed to the format before the summer showcase season.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.