Skip to main content

well thanks for clarifying the details but I think we both understand what this guy accomplished and that's the perfect word, perserverence. Tons of kids and parents would be quitting or making a fuss if this happened to them. I just think it goes to show that you can be seen anywhere so play hard all the time cause you never know when or who's watching. It's not always just travel teams or showcases or starting from your freshman year that gets you seen.
***************Edited By Moderator*****************

I think that was a little harsh but I can see your point, alot of schools make questionable calls on kids that don't pan out. Some of them don't do their homework and are lazy, i know that's hard to fathom. Time will tell, but it's a good case of you never know whose watching and what they might see in you to like.
Last edited by itsrosy
I was at both of the games. Yes there was alot of talent. The Canes team is even with half 09's and the other half 10's. I think the two teams will try to play a couple more times. So far the they have split with the Canes winning the first time 8-4 and dropping last night 4-3. It is nice to get these extra games in during the week.
quote:
Originally posted by RRF8:
Does anyone have additional background on the 2010 grad who made a verbal commitment to Arizona State and does not play High School baseball? He was mentioned on the PBR website. Maybe someone can learn from how he did this.

1. He has been involved with PG for years.
2. He has played with Midwest Blazers and Midland travel programs.
3. He's a stud.
4. He's a great kid.
5. He has had great training.
6. He has worked very hard since he was very young and he just seems to love playing.

Point of reference, my own kid has always thrown from the outfield about as well as most kids around, but when we were in Cooperstown at 12, this guy beat my kid in the Golden Arm finals! And he was 10 at the time.

Congrats!
Prairie Ridge catcher/DH Nolan Jacoby has committed to Oakland University (Michigan). That makes 6 FVC D1 recruits and 7 in the area.

FVC:
LHP Jared Grundy, Johnsburg- Miami (FL.)
LHP Tanner Funke, Huntley- SIU
RHP Corey Bruns, Cary-Grove- Army
SS/2B Dan Rowe, Prairie Ridge- EIU
C Nolan Jacoby, Prairie Ridge- Oakland (Mich.)
RHP Ian Gardeck, CLS- Dayton

Also, Alden-Hebron lefty Mark Winkelman is going to Creighton, so that makes seven for this area. Will there be more? We'll probably find out soon enough.
Last edited by fvcfan08
Nails,
Kyle and Mark are going to the same college as two of our players. Kyle will play with us this fall and next summer. Mark pitched with us this fall because Pro Player doesn't have a fall team and he wanted to get some work in to improve himself. All four will be college teammates and know each other because of their Creighton ties...that is the relationship.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.