My son is a 2022 LHP/OF who has recently identified his dream school (D1 P5 program). I checked a popular website that tracks college baseball commitments, and the site shows that there are already EIGHT 2022 VERBAL COMMITMENTS for this school. That's 3/4 of the recruiting class! So, I have a few questions for the group...
1. Can this be true? How accurate are these sites and how do they get their information?
2. Has my son missed the boat (or at least 3/4 of the boat) on getting recruited at this school? Will he need to rely on some of these kids getting drafted or de-committing?
3. If he wants to go to this school, will he have to commit during his sophomore year to have a chance of going there?
4. Aren't the new rules about coaches contacting players supposed to prevent pressuring kids to commit when they're 14 or 15 years old?
5. Should he try to get in front of this program's coaches any sooner than this summer?
All perspectives are welcome. Thanks