Would like to hear from players or parents of players who were either college,high school or pro players who have had this surgery.
1) I would like to hear how your rehab went as you proceeded through the different stages of therapy.
2) I would like to hear about the ups and downs you went through as you progressed in your therapy.
3) When you started to throw competitive again and with what results. How was your velosity and control affected.
4) Would also like to hear about any setbacks and what caused them ( training to hard or to little ).
5) Last would like to hear from coaches such as college or pro scouts and people that run show cases on how they veiw players who have had this surgery.
The reson for this post is that my son is in his 4th week of therapy since getting Tommy John Surgery. He is a 16yr junior in high school. We have met a few other family's going through this same process and we all seem to have the same qustions. I've read plenty of surveys about recovery rates but would like to hear from players themselves who have gone through the process.
Do not want this post to turn into a arguement about the causes of this surgery. The questions I'm asking are very important to us and I'm sure to others who are going through this process. So I'm hoping players will share thier experiences with us.
Thanks in advance