Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by CPLZ:
quote:
Originally posted by Orlando:
Oh, we're well aware of that. Here we have the pot lecturing the kettle on the subject of blackness.

and let's add Orlando's tag line...
"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not
one half so bad as a lot of ignorance." --- Terry Pratchett

huh...

Roll Eyes Oh, for heaven's sake. I infer by that that you are under the impression that anyone not agreeing with your take on the situation and policy is displaying ignorance. Such arrogance would fit with a commitment that is self-defined.
My son enlisted in the Army at West Point to lead the brave men and women of this country into battle at risk of his own life. Pat Tillman had already made millions, and when one of his young teammates wanted to enlist with him, Tillmans advice was to make his money in pro ball first and then serve.

Please do not make light of the comittment which I in the past and my son now have made for sport of your argument.

Condemning young men for wanting to pursue the same dreams that your sons have is a double standard. We don't ask anything of you, but are willing to lay down our life for your freedom.

Bring that up next time you want to talk about what is fair and unfair, and don't pretend to stand up for those already in service to their country if you have never served. It's easy to have an opinion from the comfort of your easy chair. It's quite another matter to sign on the dotted line and be willing to pay the ultimate price. It goes to a whole new level when you stand behind your principles and watch your son take up the mantle of burden and risk.

My son wants to play professional baseball. If he doesn't get his wish, he goes to war to defend our country. Stand beside him or go to hell, your choice.
Last edited by CPLZ
quote:
Condemning young men for wanting to pursue the same dreams that your sons have is a double standard. We don't ask anything of you, but are willing to lay down our life for your freedom.

Bring that up next time you want to talk about what is fair and unfair, and don't pretend to stand up for those already in service to their country if you have never served. It's easy to have an opinion from the comfort of your easy chair. It's quite another matter to sign on the dotted line and be willing to pay the ultimate price. It goes to a whole new level when you stand behind your principles and watch your son take up the mantle of burden and risk.

My son wants to play professional baseball. If he doesn't get his wish, he goes to war to defend our country. Stand beside him or go to hell, your choice.

Your comments are definetly uncalled for. People are entitled to their opinions, it's comments like you have made above that makes the whole thing harder to understand.

My first question was and still is, why should pro baseball be a special circumstance to get out of a commitment, any commitment?

My son made an agreement with his school, he would show up for class, maintain a certain GPA, and show up for practice and games, in exchange he would get his college education paid for. If this didn't happen, or he changed his mind, he would lose his scholarhip. I expected him to live up to his commitment and agreement. I did not expect him to ask the coach if he could have a year off to do something else then come back and play. Do you understand that analogy.

Second question. Does that happen in the service academies? If they do not play baseball do they lose their scholarhips?
Last edited by TPM
TPM, Orlando, luvbb,

With all do Respect.
You did question Young Officers Commitment to there Obligation, And there commitment to there Country.

And I did not care for what you implied.

You can say if you want that you were not questioning there Loyalty.

But I did not read it that way from what you have written.

You all have know idea the Officers involved, and what there commitment is are will be in the future.

Do you understand my point of view now???

EH
Eh...for SOME reason you seem to be unable to distinguish between questioning a POLICY and a personal attack. WE UNDERSTAND FULLY that these young men are not breaking any rules....but we are questioning the POLICY. Yes, there has been name calling, personal attacks and questioning of motives. I suggest you re-read the thread and use an objective viewpoint this time.

hint: "Go to hell" might be a clue
Last edited by luvbb
EH,
Your point of view has always been understood, go back and read my posts.

Questioning military motives is DISLOYAL? Where did you come up with that one?

I never said anything about the young man or any young men regarding them being nothing but fine young men.
I was trying to make a point about commitments. When is it ok to put off commitment for ANYTHING and when is it not ok? Orlando and luvbb have brought up good points in the discussion, asking questions that are not answered. Is playing baseball an exception?

What is the military POLICY for not keeping commitments? At sons school it's no more $$$.

Before you beat your head against the wall, I asked and have asked over and over again. Why should playing pro baseball be a special circumstance. I don't want to hear about morale booster and it's a good recruiting tool.

Can you answer that question?
Last edited by TPM
quote:
Eh...for SOME reason you seem to be unable to distinguish between questioning a POLICY and a personal attack. WE UNDERSTAND FULLY that these young men are not breaking any rules....

With this statement alone, you question there commitment an loyalty.
By saying there not breaking any rules,

But for unhonorable reasons there using the rules to there advantage, Like there sherking there duty.

And that is why I will not agree with what you say.
EH
I said before TPM, and other's that I understand your Point of View.

Do you understand mine and other's point of view.

By questioning the Military's motive's, You seem to think that it is not right for them to allow this young Officer's a chance to follow there Dream's.
I disagree.
I think they know what there doing when it come's to PR.

And luvbb, The Statement was,

Don't take it out of context.
EH
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Paw Mom:
EH,

I never said anything about the young man or any young men regarding them being nothing but fine young men.
I was trying to make a point about commitments. When is it ok to put off commitment for ANYTHING and when is it not ok? Orlando and luvbb have brought up good points in the discussion, asking questions that are not answered. Is playing baseball an exception?

What is the military POLICY for not keeping commitments? At sons school it's no more $$$.

Before you beat your head against the wall, I asked and have asked over and over again. Why should playing pro baseball be a special circumstance. I don't want to hear about morale booster and it's a good recruiting tool.

TPM, let me take a stab at your question about commitment...

First you asked about "if they (in reference to SA ballplayers) didn't play baseball, would they lose thier scholarship?" NO. Why? Because they are not there on a baseball scholarship.

Second, you ask about "putting off commitment for ANYTHING"... in the case of Nick Hill and his teammate (sorry name eludes me ATM) neither one of them are putting their commitment aside. Instead, they are serving as recruiters for the United States Army. That is their commitment. Nowhere does it say that a West Point graduate (nor Annapolis grad nor AFA grad) must go to Iraq or other overseas combat zone. It doesn't say it.

Clearing up?
quote:
quote:
Eh...for SOME reason you seem to be unable to distinguish between questioning a POLICY and a personal attack. WE UNDERSTAND FULLY that these young men are not breaking any rules....

With this statement alone, you question there commitment an loyalty.
By saying there not breaking any rules,

But for unhonorable reasons there using the rules to there advantage, Like there sherking there duty.

WHAT?????!!!!!! Now I know what it is like dealing with bureaucratic double-talk. Of COURSE they are using the rules to their advantage. Is that the cadets' fault???? NOOOOOOOO....THAT is one of the reasons we are questioning the RULES, why they are how they are...and if they should be changed or altered given all the circumstances we laid out. Questions have been asked and "shirked" by some posters on this thread. Not too many straight answers except by Bulldog in this thread...which are appreciated. And then when we present an alternative view and are told "if we don't stand behind him"....we are told to "go to hell". All your talk about "honor"....does it not apply to common everyday courtesy?

And..you conveniently left out the last few words of my post when you posted it above.....the part where I say:

"We understand fully these young men are not breaking any rules...but we are questioning the POLICY".

How can that be any clearer????
Last edited by luvbb
quote:
My first question was and still is, why should pro baseball be a special circumstance to get out of a commitment, any commitment?

They do not get out of anything, the Army chooses then to use them in a different capacity, one which is favorable to both the Army and the Cadet. This agreement is established before attendance is accepted. A rifle is not the only good use of a soldier.

My son made an agreement with his school, he would show up for class, maintain a certain GPA, and show up for practice and games, in exchange he would get his college education paid for. If this didn't happen, or he changed his mind, he would lose his scholarhip. I expected him to live up to his commitment and agreement. I did not expect him to ask the coach if he could have a year off to do something else then come back and play. Do you understand that analogy.

Your son may be a fine young man, I don't know, but to try and compare the lifestyle and commitment, just through the academic years, is quite frankly, absurd.

Second question. Does that happen in the service academies? If they do not play baseball do they lose their scholarhips?

Everyone at a service academy is on scholarship regardless of athletics.

Last edited by CPLZ
quote:

CPLZ, Said stand beside him, Are Go to hell.
So are you going to stand beside him, Your choice.

Well Eh..that depends...are we standing beside him on the baseball field or on the battlefield. The latter situation, definetly YES (altho, saying that from cushy armchair, I doubt I'll be believed)....on the ballfield? I don't think any of our boys need us to stand beside them there, especially one's with Academy educations.
Last edited by luvbb
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19:
quote:
EH,

TPM, let me take a stab at your question about commitment...

First you asked about "if they (in reference to SA ballplayers) didn't play baseball, would they lose thier scholarship?" NO. Why? Because they are not there on a baseball scholarship.

Second, you ask about "putting off commitment for ANYTHING"... in the case of Nick Hill and his teammate (sorry name eludes me ATM) neither one of them are putting their commitment aside. Instead, they are serving as recruiters for the United States Army. That is their commitment. Nowhere does it say that a West Point graduate (nor Annapolis grad nor AFA grad) must go to Iraq or other overseas combat zone. It doesn't say it.

Clearing up?

Did anyone ever say they had to go to Iraq?

Yes, Bulldog, you are clearing things up, without malice or argument. If that is serving their country by way of promoting the academies and deemed acceptable, then thats it. They have not put off their commitment.

BTW, my brother made a commitment to the Naval reserve, got his engineering degree paid for by the Navy and served his duty flying helicopters into Nam to pick up wounded. It wasn't what he wanted to do but he did it. My father also made an agreement with the US government and earned his engineering degree and then served his time in the Air Force during WW2, he was to be assigned to a special team that designed the B52 that dropped the bomb. It wasn't what he really wanted to do, but he did it.

You are a smart young man.
quote:
There's no Double talk on my part.
I'm flat out saying, that your questioning these young Officers Commitment and Loyalty to there Country.
Is that plain and simple enough for you.
EH

Sure is Eh! It is plain that after 5 pages of dialogue that you simply don't understand what any of us are trying to say.
luvbb, and other's I'm not here to defend the Military and there Policy's.
I am here to defend these young Officers and there motive's for wanting to persue a career in baseball.
As I said it's not a bad thing.
Embrace it.

And by the way CPLZ, I never Served.

It does not mean I'm any less concerned about a Soldier's Welfare.
EH
quote:
My son enlisted in the Army at West Point to lead the brave men and women of this country into battle at risk of his own life. Pat Tillman had already made millions, and when one of his young teammates wanted to enlist with him, Tillmans advice was to make his money in pro ball first and then serve.

Please do not make light of the comittment which I in the past and my son now have made for sport of your argument.

Precisely. My posts have been in support of those who have elected to serve in the military, both as commissioned officers out of the Academies and in the ranks. People who committed without the personal reserve clause of ‘as long as I don’t get the opportunity to play professional sports instead.”

In my view, deciding that playing short season ball in Podunk is somehow worth “millions of dollars in free advertising and PR” is making light of the commitment of those who serve. Oh, and then a little TDY as a recruiter.

Your flag-waving post now is one of convenience; appropriate for cadets willing to serve, at least, their minimum term without alteration for an alternate career.

"My son enlisted in the Army at West Point to lead the brave men and women of this country into battle at risk of his own life." "My son wants to play professional baseball." Well, which is it?

Then later you say, "A rifle is not the only good use of a soldier." But wasn't that why he enlisted, according to your previous post?
quote:
Did anyone ever say they had to go to Iraq?

Bulldog...a question....do you have any idea, percentage-wise, at West-Point (since that seems to be your area of expertise), how many graduating cadets get stationed overseas to serve their commitment (which I'm sure are in many different capacities)?
Last edited by luvbb
Orlando
quote:
In my view, deciding that playing short season ball in Podunk is somehow worth “millions of dollars in free advertising and PR” is making light of the commitment of those who serve. Oh, and then a little TDY as a recruiter.

There you go again Slamming one's commitment to there country and there obligation as a Officer.
Like there not as Loyal and Honorable as the next soldier.

Don't tell me TPM that is not what Orlando meant with this statement.
EH
quote:
luvbb, Your on those same 5 pages.
Do you understand anybody else's point of view.
EH

Let me summarize EH....because the academies and the US military have decided that it is in the best interest of certain academy graduates with high level athletic skills AND the military in general due to positive PR and morale issues....it would be mutually beneficial to accomodate those special skill sets and allow those officers to either "defer" or receive an "alternate assignment" in order to fully explore their professional options. This is a positive and mutually beneficial arrangement that best utilizes the graduating cadet's presitigous academy education. Oh yes...all cadets will with honor and commitment serve at anytime and anywhere the US military deems appropriate, without question and with full commitment. That this is the policy of the US military and academies and it is an agreement entered into mutually. Also, to question such policy is akin to questioning the commitment and honor of said cadets personally.

Oh yes...that Bob Hope (R.I.P.) and the U.S.O. are a good thing.

Did I get it?
Last edited by luvbb
Well luvbb, unfortunately I don't know that information off the top of my head. If I were to take a guess, I'd probably suggest no more than about 250 or so. Tell ya what, in between my schoolwork, I'll see if I can't dig that information up.

It will not be as high as you expect because none of their duty stations would be "Iraq." They would most likely be assigned to a base here CONUS and then deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan with their unit. OCONUS locations that would see graduates going to for their duty stations would include Korea, Italy, Kosovo, and Germany mainly I think.

Also, I believe something like 20% of a graduating class actually goes into a combat field. That's it.. now the thing is that a lot more find themselves in combatWink so that's decieving.

Finally, luvbb, I won't claim to be an expert about any of this. I believe I know a significant amount, but that's because I'm truly interested in the Service Academies and was EXTREMELY interested in going there. I have done a significant amount of research for that reason. But that doesn't make me an expert!Smile
quote:
Originally posted by theEH:
Orlando
quote:

There you go again Slamming one's commitment to there country and there obligation as a Officer.

EH

EH,
Not sure about all she meant but I do understand her comment about playing ss ball in podunk.

There are so many kids to aspire to go to college to play ball, and to play after their college careers end. Many don't get the chance to do either, because someone else was better than them and got the spot. So someone lost out. I think maybe you can understand that. I use that as an example to understand what luvbb and Orlando are trying to say.

My son plays professional ball, well he tried to anyway this summer but they shut him down. It's been a disappointment and he is working hard to get better because that is his dream, always has been. But I think if you ask him, even in the position he was drafted in, he would say there are definetly more important things in life before baseball. So I don't look at getting drafted as a special circumstance if an agreement was made. We put too much importance on the fact that baseball is more important than anything else in the world. That was what I was questioning.
I know we all love the game and want our sons to play at the highest level, but once you really understand the magnitute of the difficulty of reaching the highest level you might understand. Even those new ss guys understand that concept.It's just not a year, or two, or three, even for the best prospects in the country. So what determines how long someone can wait to put off what they promised. I never said he would not, that was not teh point, it was the importance of baseball compared to serving our country. I think the latter is much more important and I think they feel that way too.

I argue this at work, if you have a policy you follow it, if you don't have one be careful as you have to make sure that poicy is fair and makes sense for everyone. It can't be ok to tell a ball player they have a special circumstance when you can't tell a singer he can't go to hollywood to be the next idol. I think that is their point also.

I hope I explained that so that you would understand with out telling me or anyone else to go to h*ll.

JMO.
Last edited by TPM
quote:
So I don't look at getting drafted as a special circumstance if an agreement was made. We put too much importance on the fact that baseball is more important than anything else in the world. That was what I was questioning.
I know we all love the game and want our sons to play at the highest level, but once you really understand the magnitute of the difficulty of reaching the highest level you might understand. Even those new ss guys understand that concept.It's just not a year, or two, or three, even for the best prospects in the country. So what determines how long someone can wait to put off what they promised. I never said he would not, that was not teh point, it was the importance of baseball compared to serving our country. I think the latter is much more important and I think they feel that was too.

Last edited by luvbb
oh I just wanted to let you know that the other day after working with the pitching director, the guys had to put in "field time". For pitchers that was running the field. In 100 degree heat, 100% humidity he felt like he was going to be sick, and my son is in good condition.

They were told that was just a preview for fall instruction.

Pro ball is great, ain't it?
Last edited by TPM
quote:
Originally posted by theEH:
Orlando
quote:

EH

EH. My post was in answer to CPZL's; hence the quoted post from him. In that post, he asked that the commitment made by those who enlist (in this case, he and his son) not be made light of. I answered that the Academies' policy and his own statements about the perceived PR and advertising value of playing minor league ball in Podunk (as regularly used in baseball circles to describe the small towns in which the introductory levels of baseball are played) made light of the commitment of those, be they Academy graduates or any other enlistees, who serve, as promised, in military endeavors, whatever they be.

As I have stated previously, I do not understand the 'advertising' value of toiling in the obscurity of the minors. And I do not agree with the policy of modifying the cadets' service in order to play professional sports as if that endeavor is more valuable than the one for which they originally committed.

I'm sure you will interpret this to mean whatever you so choose. Please try to read in context, at a minimum.

Thanks for your answer, TPM, but I have no idea why EH would call upon you to interpret my post.
I asked a person tonight I work with, Who just came back from a one year tour in Iraq. What his thoughts were on this subject,
Trying to get a Military point of view.
He went both ways with the subject matter,
Meaning he believes in there commitment.
But at the same time he understands the facters that goes into how the Military Uses Personel.
He said one guy he was stationed with, was on the all Navel Surf Team.
Now that would be a nice gig.
EH
quote:
My posts have been in support of those who have elected to serve in the military, both as commissioned officers out of the Academies and in the ranks. People who committed without the personal reserve clause of ‘as long as I don’t get the opportunity to play professional sports instead.”

Questioning the policy is entirely fair game, statements like these are cheap shots imho.

It is my understanding that the officer in question was about to accept a D1 baseball scholarship in California and the military refused to accept no for an answer. They sweetened their offer by making the pro option available and the young man took the offer. It is entirely reasonable to question the military for making this type of offer, it is quite another to impugn the young man (and others) for accepting it.

Some random thoughts....

Is an enlisted man or officer who signs on to the military with a promise to get stationed in Hawaii somehow less honorable than the enlisted man or officer who gets stationed in some other less than desirable location?

Leaving the military after two years to pursue baseball seems reasonable at first glance but often, propects emerge later in their college careers. They are called senior signs in some cases and in other cases many prospects elevated their status remarkably by having phenomenal junior or senior campaigns.

I don't have a good answer for why the military allows players to pursue pro ball. My guess is it simply comes down to athletic recruiting. The coaches in question probably are asked by potential recruits about the possibilities of pro ball and they simply do not want to have to tell them this is off the table. For whatever reason, the military has chosen to provide D1 sports and apparently are willing to deal with the consequences of an exceptional athlete on an individual basis. Is that the correct policy?
quote:
Originally posted by Orlando:

My post was in answer to CPZL's; hence the quoted post from him. In that post, he asked that the commitment made by those who enlist (in this case, he and his son) not be made light of. I answered that the Academies' policy and his own statements about the perceived PR and advertising value of playing minor league ball in Podunk (as regularly used in baseball circles to describe the small towns in which the introductory levels of baseball are played) made light of the commitment of those, be they Academy graduates or any other enlistees, who serve, as promised, in military endeavors, whatever they be.

As I have stated previously, I do not understand the 'advertising' value of toiling in the obscurity of the minors. And I do not agree with the policy of modifying the cadets' service in order to play professional sports as if that endeavor is more valuable than the one for which they originally committed.

I'm sure you will interpret this to mean whatever you so choose. Please try to read in context, at a minimum.

This is the essence of your ignorance on the issue and evidence that you try and twist anything said.

You claimed to know alot about baseball, yet you've never heard of this policy. It's been in place 6 years now, so I guess you must not be as informed as you purport here.

Saying that the commitment as an Army recruiter in the off season is a little recruiting and some TDY, belittles the comittment and the person. Don't make these people out to be shirkers of duty and lying on a beach somewhere in a cushy job. The army spends hundreds of millions of dollars each year in marketing and advertising, obviously, they place a huge importance on recruiting.

They made a decision that they wanted to take the $350,000 investment they made in a cadet and let him try and make it in pro ball. Currently there are three players from West Point in pro ball, two of them just drafted this year. The other two players that were drafted out of West Point, both played one year and then went back into the Army to serve the remainder of their commitment more traditionally. So your assessment that they are "toiling in the obscurity of the minors" is again premature and ignorant. It's become obvious you lack the prerequisite knowledge to make such statements.

Lets do some math...A player, $350,000 investment. I believe the percentages are around %10 of players taken in the first 10 rounds make it to the pro's. So the Army would have to make a total investment of $3,500,000 to get 1 player into pro baseball. Two years served as an Army recruiter with a value of $50,000, so that deducts a total of $1,000,000 in payback of that investment. Then a buyout of $33,000 per player and now the investment is slightly over $2,000,000 for those 10 players. That is a drop in the advertising bucket over the span of years it will take to place 10 players in pro baseball. If one player lasts 5 years, the return on investment in publicity for the Army would be huge.

Now, let's look at it from an institutional perspective. Just like any college, the acadamies would like to field competitive teams. Having a high profile team brings positive publicity, which is why universities do it. The acadamies are no different than traditional universities in that regard, they want to compete for the highest caliber applicant they can. By offering the "pro service option", it helps recruiters because they don't have to take playing pro sports off the table to a top level recruit.

For those of you who want to argue, "he made a commitment, he should have to fulfill it", well, the Army made a commitment to him also, it's a two way street. The idea that somebody gets out of something is to demean the instilled values of that person. You may choose to ignore it, but all of the cadets so far have been torn between pro ball and the military. They choose pro ball, for the same reasons your son has/did/would, it has been their dream their whole life. It seems quite heavy handed to expect a young man to not only agree to lay his life on the line to defend his and your country, but tell him if he chooses to do it, he must throw away all his childhood dreams. No one is holding your sons up to that same threshold or scrutiny, nor would they want to.

The belief of the acadamies is, paraphrasing MacArthur, "our future leaders of America will come from the fields of friendly strife"...athletics. No institutions in the world place a higher value on conditioning and athletics than the academies. Part of a cadets GPA is formulated using physical assessment test scores. Every cadet at West Point is required to play a sport, whether at the club level, intramural, or intercollegiate. Courses like boxing, swimming, and physical fitness are required core courses. It makes perfect sense that an institution that so values athletics would do whatever it could to raise the level of its competitiveness. After all, isn't war the epitome of competition? It also stands to reason that it would want to showcase its best athletes to perspective cadet candidates through the pro ranks. These are young men with high morals, excellent academics, rock solid values.

As parents, wouldn't you prefer to see a person of that caliber succeeding in pro sports? The Army would like to hold up that person as an icon of what the acadamies produce, thereby publicizing to the parents of potential candidates the example of what they can expect their son or daughter to be as a result of graduation.

My son made a commitment to the Army to serve, with a proviso. The Army made a commitment to my son to provide an education and develop a leader of character, with a proviso. Both parties have every intention of living up to their commitment. The promises made are reciprical, not just on the part of the cadet.

I don't see the unfairness in offering my son the same opportunity to play professionally as your son has. When your son is forced to enlist and serve, that argument might hold water, but it doesn't in an all volunteer military.
Last edited by CPLZ
quote:
Questioning the policy is entirely fair game, statements like these are cheap shots imho.

With all due respect CD, I believe there have been more than ONE "cheapshot" in this thread that have been entirely irrelevent with discussing the policy:

"Bring that up next time you want to talk about what is fair and unfair, and don't pretend to stand up for those already in service to their country if you have never served. It's easy to have an opinion from the comfort of your easy chair."

So...those who have never served in the military are not permitted to stand up for our military...or offer opinions as they pertain to the military either? No need for an answer CD...just pointing out that "cheapshots" flow both ways.
Last edited by luvbb
quote:
Originally posted by luvbb:
quote:

With all due respect CD, I believe there have been more than ONE "cheapshot" in this thread that have been entirely irrelevent with discussing the policy:

"Bring that up next time you want to talk about what is fair and unfair, and don't pretend to stand up for those already in service to their country if you have never served. It's easy to have an opinion from the comfort of your easy chair."

So...those who have never served in the military are not permitted to stand up for our military...or offer opinions as they pertain to the military either? No need for an answer CD...just pointing out that "cheapshots" flow both ways.

Absolutely that was a shot, but there was nothing cheap about it, it was direct and right on target. You railed about being the champion of rights and judge of fairness for those already in service, yet you have zero experience and want to argue the point with someone who served. I earned my right to that opinion and it is formed from personal experience. The good news for you, is that I and all others who served earned your right to express your opinion also, regardless of its foundation. You and others have taken plenty of shots, that's what happens in a heated debate. I wouldn't characterize most of them as cheap. I'm not whining about it though, I have big shoulders, I can take it.

I may not agree with your opinion, but will defend to the death your right to state it.

In the land of the free and the home of the brave, freedom extends to everyone, yet the bravery is shouldered by a volunteered few.

So, from the comfort of your easy chair, you dictate...get off that baseball field and get out there defend our country right now mister.
Last edited by CPLZ
quote:
Originally posted by Bee>:
cplz, kudos ... your support for cadet options is admirable & makes (some) sense - your drawn out arguments and math do not ...

& hey, that $350K or $3.5Mil is my $$ so my opinion counts too

The good news is, that your opinon counts regardless of whether it's your money or not. That's what the brave men and women of this country defend.
Last edited by CPLZ
lol -
But in 6 pages of emotion & comments, the only thing I've learned is that West Point has let a couple cadets use some "leave" and play 1-ONE-UNO short season before beginning active service.
it kinda sounds more like you're trying to convince youself otherwise -

and I do congratulate your cadet & wish him the best
Last edited by Bee>

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.